Thread: Polycom Firmware on 2x

Question Polycom Firmware on 2x

I have Polycom Phones that are unable to find current firmware on the 2x. Is this by design, or is there a method for placing the firmware on the 2x device either through a configuration screen that I am not finding, or is there a method via FTP?

I've tried FTP connecting to the 2x, but no luck. I've used admin/password, user/password, and anonymous but connection is not available.

I've seen discussions around connecting to the system via FTP on this forum, but maybe it does not apply to the 2x?

The absence of firmware is a normal occurrence in this case. The phone just checking for existence of new firmware update, background pictures, directories etc. The firmware is about 90-100 MB for Polycom phones and it is not designed to have them on Quadro. Quadro provides only the necessary configuration.

Actually, you can not access to Quadro's FTP server.

The Solution here is that you have to have a separate TFTP server for the Polycom PHones to pull their Firmware and Bootrom from.

TO resolve this issue, I setup a TFTP server on a laptop, set TFTP address to that Laptop and the phone downloaded the new firmware and bootrom.

Yes, you are right, Firmware upgrade/downgrade for Polycom's phones should be done separately from Quadro. It is described in manuals.

But your initial question a little bit about other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenN View Post
    Yes, you are right, Firmware upgrade/downgrade for Polycom's phones should be done separately from Quadro. It is described in manuals.

But your initial question a little bit about other thing.
    But it doesn't seems to be as explicable as it seen.Although it is upgraded and downgrade the
    Quadro system.

Thread Information