Thread: PnP, auto configuration and Basic auto configuration

Smile PnP, auto configuration and Basic auto configuration

Would someone enlighten me to the differences between PnP, auto configuration and Basic auto configuration support for IP phones on epygi line of PBXs

B

The difference between PnP and auto configuration options in short:
    -The auto configuration option is available for all Epygi supported and tested IP phones. This option simplifies the IP phone configuration procedure eliminating the necessity of manual configuration of the phone. The user only needs to configure an IP line attached to a desired extension on the Quadro and then reset the IP phone to factory defaults.
    - The Plug-and-play (PnP) option, which is available for all Epygi supported and most of tested IP phones, eliminates the necessity of IP phone and Quadro configuration. Once a IP phone has a connection to the Quadro and is reset, it asks on which extension to configure the IP phone in case of Aastra phones, or it automatically acquires the first available extension on the system and auto-configures itself without user’s intervention in case of snom and other phones.
    With the auto-configuration option the user should select both the IP line and the extension, whereas with the PnP option the extension is chosen on the phone or is selected automatically. The automatically selected extension is the extension that is assigned to the first free IP line. Therefore, the auto-configuration option should be used if the user wishes to associate a specific IP phone with a certain extension or a certain IP line.
    For more details on PnP and auto configuration options refer to the document- Configuring Epygi supported IP phones. You can find it following the path in Epygi web: Support Center » Downloads » Support Resources » System Configuration » IP Phones and IP Lines Configuration » Configuring Epygi Supported IP Phones

Thread Information