Thread: call "hunting" to mobile phones

Default call "hunting" to mobile phones

Hello,

We need a central phone extension ( for example 788 reachable from outside) that would unconditionally forward all calls to two mobile users in a way that call hunting works. This means that if a call is made to 788, the call is forwarded to first mobile user. If the user does not answer after a few rings, the call is transfered to second user.

We tried some things:
    - created two user extensions 801 and 802 with unconditional call forwarding to mobile phones: WORKS
    - configured call hunting on 788 and added 801 and 802 to the list: DOESN'T WORK
    - configured another extension with active IP line and unconditional call forwarding to mobile phone. CALL HUNTING WORKS, BUT THE CALL IS NOT FORWARDED TO MOBILE USER.
    - obiviously, call hunting only works for active IP lines and if there is unconditional call forwarding on any of those IP lines, the call is not forwarded.

- we also tried follow me/find me which was the closes to our solution, but the problem is that the phone stops ringing way too soon (just after two rings). Can we make phone ringing on find me/follow me longer? I could not find it in GUI.

We need to find a solution a.s.a.p. Thanks.

BR,
    Matic

Currently, I am also trying multiple destinations for unconditional call forwarding on extension 788. I added two mobile phones as destinations. When the phone on a second destination rings, I can pick up, but I cannot hear the speech coming from the outside calling phone to my mobile.

If I leave just one destination (disable others) then I can hear speech in both directions. What is the problem here? The calls are routed out through SIP trunk on quadro.

BR,
    Matic

Some update...

If I make one destination a stationary phone, then speech works in both directions, but if the second destination is a mobile, then it works only in one direction.

Also, I see that Caller ID does not show up on called destination.

Regarding call hunting:
    If the extension is included into hunting group then all other supplementary services configured on that extension will be automatically disabled. Thus, the unconditional call forwarding will not work.
    Regarding find-me-follow-me:
    FMFM will work fine for your scenario. The phones included into FMFM group will start ringing either immediately or with some delay configured on FMFM GUI page. All the phones included into FMFM group will ring until one of the phones is answered or no-answer timeout expired and the call went to voice mail. So, increase the "no answer timeout" on Basic Services of all extension included into FMFM group.
    For the rest you have to submit the ticket to Epygi support and attach the systemlogs from Quadro downloaded after the test.

Default FMFM will not work

Quote Originally Posted by hrant View Post
    Regarding call hunting:
    If the extension is included into hunting group then all other supplementary services configured on that extension will be automatically disabled. Thus, the unconditional call forwarding will not work.
    Regarding find-me-follow-me:
    FMFM will work fine for your scenario. The phones included into FMFM group will start ringing either immediately or with some delay configured on FMFM GUI page. All the phones included into FMFM group will ring until one of the phones is answered or no-answer timeout expired and the call went to voice mail. So, increase the "no answer timeout" on Basic Services of all extension included into FMFM group.
    For the rest you have to submit the ticket to Epygi support and attach the systemlogs from Quadro downloaded after the test.
    I am not able yo get FMFM to work at all. We have the zero option that works fine, but FMFM.
    Please help.

This feature may have a different name, such as call hunting, follow me, find me etc.., when this feature is enabled, it will forward calls to multiple lines or phone numbers until it finds one where the call is answered. This feature is very useful when you receive large number of calls, but are frequently away from primary phone. And if there is a need to monitor after hours business calls at home or by cell and also if there is a team of people working together on one project.

Thread Information