Thread: So, I now have a Quadro 2x and a couple of Snom phones...

Default So, I now have a Quadro 2x and a couple of Snom phones...

I found a used Quadro 2x and a couple of Snom 320 phones on eBay, and I’m going to use this setup to learn with.

I cleared out all the old settings and upgraded the firmware on everything, and I now have it up and running in the default configuration with three phones and one PSTN line, so I’m able to play with it. I've even made and received calls on it!

I’ve read the three manuals (Installation, Administration, and Extension Users), which unfortunately seem to be Reference Guides rather than User Manuals – if you know what you’re doing, they’re probably quite helpful, but I’m clearly nowhere near that point yet!

The first change I'd like to make to the default configuration is to set up the 2x so that there is no auto attendant, and an incoming PSTN call simply rings all extensions, and any extension can answer the call just by picking up their phone.

I found a number of forum postings related to this, but I wasn’t able to find the exact answer, or it wasn’t answered in a step by step way, understandable by the (currently) Quadro-ignorant like myself.

From the forums, it seems that I need to send incoming calls to an extension, and then use the MER facility to ring the other extensions. Or, I need to set up a virtual extension and send incoming calls to that and use MER to ring the other phones. Unfortunately, I don’t yet understand enough of the Quadro terminology and menu interface to be able to find exactly how and where to do these things.

Can anyone please point me to an existing document that provides a step by step guide to performing this task, or perhaps someone would be kind enough to type up an answer?

Thanks,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

The Quadro is a feature-rich device and supports very diverse configurations, so actually it is difficult to have special guides for each of them. As to your task it is very easy to do in just two steps:
    1) open the Quadro web management, go to the Telephony-FXO Settings. Press on FXO line and change "Route incoming FXO call to" to let say extension 11 and save this setting.
    2) Now go to the Users-Extensions Management and press the link for extension 11. In the Extension Settings for 11 go to the Suppl. Services- Caller ID based services. Sellect the Caller ID Based Services for Other Addresses - Many extension Ringing. Enable the service and enable extensions you want to ring for any incoming call.
    That's it.

Ashot

Quote Originally Posted by Ashot View Post
    Now go to the Users-Extensions Management and press the link for extension 11. In the Extension Settings for 11 go to the Suppl. Services- Caller ID based services. Select the Caller ID Based Services for Other Addresses - Many extension Ringing. Enable the service and enable extensions you want to ring for any incoming call.
    Thanks, Ashot. When I selected "Caller ID Based Services" from the "Supplementary Services" menu, there was a clickable link called "Any Address" in the Address field of the table, so I clicked that. I assume that's what you meant?

Then, a table called "Caller ID Based Services for Any Address" for Extension 11 opened. I clicked on the "Many Extension Ringing" link on the left, then a table opened with all the extensions listed, each with a state of "Disabled (Attached)".

I checked the "Enable Service" checkbox at the top, then clicked the checkboxes for a couple of extensions that I wanted to ring, then pressed the Save button at the bottom of the screen.

Unfortunately, that just opens the table again, with a message at the top that says "Info: No enabled record exists in the table. To activate the service, there should be at least one record enabled". The "Enable Service" checkbox at the top remains checked, but the statuses for the extensions all still show Disabled "(Attached)".

Apparently I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes you are doing it wrong. After selecting the check boxes for the couple of extensions you have to enable them using Enable/Disable functional button at the top of table. The state of selected extensions will be change to Enabled in the table.

Thanks
    Ashot

Thread Information