Thread: Problem with Fax

Question Problem with Fax

Please, I need a little help. Somebady tell me how I can configure mi fax with quadro6L. I did a configuration, but I can{t hear fax tone. I{m using a ht502. with a analog fax machine. over AA scenario with option.

What is the call path? Provide more details please.

Have you tried a FAX without having AA involved in the call?
    Have you tried a FAX to Voicemailbox of an extension(without having the ht502 and the Fax machine)?
    On the FAX extension codec settings, do you have "T38 FAX" and "Pass Through FAX" enabled?

One more thing that need to be mentioned.

If you are registering the ht502 on an IP Line - FAX transmission will not work(if on Quadro one of 5.2.x releases are installed).

To make it work on 5.2.x release, you need to put the ht502 in stand alone mod(without registering it on Quadro) and just create appropriate call routing rules to pass the calls from/to ht502.

You can also wait for 5.3.x release(will be published in a month or so) where FAX transmission will work on IP Line(registering the ht502 on Quadro).

Quadro Architect

One small correction to Vahan's last post - the FAX transmission on a local IP Line will not work if T.38 is used. The faxes still can be sent and received on 5.1.x or 5.2.x versions using regular PCMU and PCMA codecs.

fbarcelo, to get some useful advice, you need to ask right questions. That is - describe your configuration and test results in details. At least answer Vahan's questio about codecs and also mention wheather you registered the ht502 as IP Line or not.

Ok. Thanks all of you. Sorry but my english lenguage is to limited. In mention about your questions, let me tell you my complete scenario. I have an Epygi Quadro6L with grandstream ip phones. (Gxp280) and besides I have an ATA (HT502) connect to fax machine registered with ip line.

Quadro Architect

Ok, no problem. My English is also far from being perfect, BTW..

If you register FAX as IP Line, you should make sure you use only PCMU or PCMA codecs for the FAX calls. You can check it yourself, or if you want, we can check it for you here if you show the SIP log of the FAX call.
    To do that, you need to open "System"->"Diagnostics"->"Show System Logs" page, then mark the logs using a button on "System Logs Settings" tab. Then make a test call from you FAX. After that open "View System Logs"->"SIP User Agent" log and copy the logs after the mark sign. Then paste the logs here in forum.

Also, could you please tell us how you are going to use the FAX:
    1. To send/receive FAX to/from ITSP (Voip provider) or
    2. To send/receive FAX to/from FXO lines only or
    3. To send FAX to voicemail box of local extension or
    4. Any other way?

David

Thread Information