Thread: Newbie 6L questions

Default Newbie 6L questions

We have a key system at present, with 5 PSTN lines and 16 extensions. It's getting to the end of its service life, and we need to replace it.

I've downloaded and read all the docs I can find, and it seems that the Quadro 6L might be a suitable replacement - 6 PSTN lines and 10+8=18 extensions.

Ignoring all the fancy features, will we be able to configure a 6L to have 5 PSTN lines and have incoming calls ring on all phones, with answering at any phone as simple as just picking up the phone?

Is making calls as simple as dialling 9+number+# and the 6L will find the first free PSTN line and call out on it?

If we want to later add a couple of ITSP trunks, can they be added simply? That is, can we run say 6 PSTN lines, 2 ITSP lines, and 18 extensions? Or is that "overloading" the 6L?

As far as the extension user is concerned, is receiving or making a call on ITSP lines different to making or receiving calls on the PSTN lines? Do they need to do anything differently?

What is the major limitation of the 6L? I think I read somewhere something about 8 simultaneous calls. Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding something? There's a huge price and capability step up to the M8L.

Sorry for so many questions!

Thanks, Peter
    Last edited by pjetson; 02-09-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Subscription added

Some answer to your questions in general.

Quote Originally Posted by pjetson View Post
    have incoming calls ring on all phones, with answering at any phone as simple as just picking up the phone?
    Yes

Is making calls as simple as dialling 9+number+# and the 6L will find the first free PSTN line and call out on it?
    This depend on how you program it to work. yes

If we want to later add a couple of ITSP trunks, can they be added simply?
    Yes

As far as the extension user is concerned, is receiving or making a call on ITSP lines different to making or receiving calls on the PSTN lines? Do they need to do anything differently?
    Depends on how you program it. But it can be made so that the user just pickup the phone dial a number and it will call out. The Epygi can be program to send calls out via one line or another (PSTN or SIP etc)

What is the major limitation of the 6L? I think I read somewhere something about 8 simultaneous calls. Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding something? There's a huge price and capability step up to the M8L.
    From the spec it's 16 max:
    IP phones: 10 Add'l IP phones up to 18 in IP PBX Mode with key
    Concurrent Calls: 16

Thread Information