Thread: How to set up MER inbound without affecting internal calls

Default How to set up MER inbound without affecting internal calls

I can't seem to locate information in this on the forums, so if its already been posted before, my apologies.

I'm trying to set up inbound calls to ring on 3 phones only, reception and two other extensions. However I DON'T want internal calls to reception to also ring on the other two extensions, I want the internal calls to ring as normal. Currently, any internal call to reception also rings on the other two phones and I can't seem to stop that without also stopping the inbound MER.

How do I ensure that internal calls ring only at the extension dialed, and set up inbound MER to three extensions?

I have a feeling it relates to using the call routing table, but I am not finding examples of this scenario to go off of.

Unless I'm totally out the window on this and need to do something entirely different.

I look forward to any help anyone can give.

MER, similar to other services like unconditional forwarding, etc. is caller ID based. Therefore, if you want to ring 3 phones only when the inbound call is external (received from SIP network, FXO, etc.) then add a new address and the call source filtering rule in Caller ID Based Services GUI page. For example, if you want only the calls received from FXO to ring 3 phones then configure Caller ID Based Services page as follows:
    - click on Add to add a new address (of call source)
    -for Call Type select PSTN
    -for Address select "*"
    -press Save (it will get you back to original page).
    -click on a newly created "PSTN-*" link and configure your MER on the opened page

Having configured your extension that way, only for calls received through telephony port (FXO, ISDN BRI, E1/T1) it will ring the 3 phones. The calls from other addresses (internal - PBX or SIP) will ring only your extension.

I'm trying to find the Caller ID Based Services page. It appears another tech found it in this office, as its in the history list as having been directly accessed, but it has "unknown errors" on the page. What is the Quatro4x path to get to that page? Perhaps the error is due to not accessing it from a previous page first. . .

Your instructions sound simple enough once I have this page up properly.

Found it! Thanks so much, works great!

Thread Information