Thread: FMC (Fixed Mobile Convergence)

Default FMC (Fixed Mobile Convergence)

HI:

I was wondering how Epygi provides a solution for FMC where a mobile phone has a dual mode: cellular (GSM, CDM) and WiFi. The vision of FMC is simple;
    �� one device with
    �� one number,
    �� one address book and
    �� one voice mailbox,
    �� always using the lowest cost network for connectivity.
    FMC uses dual-mode devices to take advantage of less expensive, high-speed connectivity within the office, the home or a public hotspot location, while enjoying mobility outside on existing mobile phone networks.
    "FMC will drive the adoption of next-generation handsets, primarily dual-mode Wi-Fi/cellular handsets, which will enable users to seamlessly handover from a cellular mobile network to a Wi-Fi one and vice versa, so as to provide optimum quality of service,"

I think that the mobile broadband access network is probably used instead of the cellulare network once a user is outside the WiFi coverage. Am I correct?

Of course having a FMC solution is the ideal. I wonder how Epygi is approaching this?
    Thanks for your comments.

Toon

Thank you for the post. There are some details that are part of the Epygi confidential roadmap that I will not be able to share, but this is an interesting topic. Here is a link to a few different ideas on what FMC actually refers to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_Mobile_Convergence
    As you can see, there are a few different angles to the idea.

Epygi has a few options today that come close to "true" FMC including our multi-extension ringing, find-me follow-me, SIP clients for GSM/CDMA/WiFi smartphones and the iQall application. All of these tools are intended to narrow the gap between a mobile device and the static telephone system, while saving money.

Warren, any update on this?

Thread Information