Thread: Warning: Running critically low on file system space for voice mails. 9.0 percent lef

Default Warning: Running critically low on file system space for voice mails. 9.0 percent lef

Hi,

I don't understand something.

I already have this message : Warning: Running critically low on file system space for voice mails. 9.0 percent left.

The message is clear but I have a USB memory and no voice mails ...

If I check the memory : Memory size: 23 day 2 hour 5 min 27 sec

System message : 34 min 53 sec
    Free space : 14 day 23 hour 34 min 34 sec
    Total space : 15 day 0 hour 9 min 27 sec

In voice mail common settings : External USB Flash

Where can I check the file space used by Configs, Logs, Voicemails, etc. please ?

Arnaud

Quadro Architect

Well, this message does not sound correct, but it has some truth in...

I think the reason of this is the following: the system is checking the internal voice mail storage instead of external one (I agree this should be corrected). So you get this message because your internal VM storage is close to be full.
    The messages may be left in the internal memory after you switched to USB stick. This message are not used at all, and are not accessible anymore, but they eat space.
    I would recommend to clean up the internal memory, because it is also used for storing Call Statistics too in 4x/16x.

To do that, you would need to set the VM storage to "Internal memory" in "voice mail common settings", delete all voicemails and greetings (it is easy to find them using Memory Status page), then again change "VM storage" back to USB memory. It is better to do when nobody else working in the office. Also be careful, not to delete messages from USB stick

Tahnk you for your answer.

I have removed the usb key.

I have this in memory :

Memory size: 44 min 47 sec

Voice Mailbox : 0 sec
    System Messages : 18 min 45 sec (Hold music,Call Queue Welcome Message,Call Queue Message )
    Free Space : 10 min 53 sec
    Total Space : 29 min 3 sec

I have no voice mail ... :-(

Your idea was good but .. don't work.

An other idea please ?

Arnaud

Quadro Architect

Hi Arnaud

sorry for not being clear enough... By writing "delete all voicemails and greetings" in my previous message I mean also to delete any Hold Music, attendant messages, attendant welcome messages, queue messages and any other greeting/message you uploaded.

After you unmount the USB flash, you see only the messages stored inside the internal memory. They are not used at all when you have USB flash plugged in and enabled. So if you unmount USB, delete all those voice messages, then mount USB again, you will lose nothing. Just the event "Warning: Running critically low on file system space for voice mails. 9.0 percent left." will not happen anymore.

Hope I was more clear this time . Please try that and tell if it helps (I am sure it should help, actually).

Best regards,
    David

Hi Davrays,

Thank you for your answer.

I was thinking that the usb key was only for voicemail not for all the voice messages.

Thanks a lot,

Arnaud

Hi Davrays:

I've have read this conversation. I have the same problem. I have a quadro6L. I can't find VOICE MAIL COMMON SETTINGS to do all you tell flag2000. Could you Help me please

Thread Information