Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acd / Smr

Default Acd / Smr

GROUP PICKUP

I can not pick up calls that are going into an ACD group from outside the ACD Group.

Is this meant or is the standard PickUp Group functionality disabled for any particular reason with the latest ACD / SMR and the M8L ?

ACD 1.1.11
    M8L 5.2.40

Regards

Kevin

Hello,

No any Telephony feature will work on ACD calls. No any voicemails, forwards, DND (Quadross DND not the phone's), etc. have effect if the call comes from ACD group to an ACD agent.
    So the call which comes from ACD to an extension which is configured as ACD agent is not possible to pickup from anywhere using Pickup Group.

Regards,
    Ruben

Why not - this is a common feature in every telephone system apart from this one in an ACD group, to pick up a call.

When will this be fixed?

Kevin

Kevin:

nothing is changed in the latest ACD from that perspective. If the extension is assigned to ACD agent and the agent is logged in then all supplementary services configured on that extension are being ignored if the call to that extension comes from ACD group. The reason is to make the ACD behavior more predictable and controllable. For example, let's assume that Quadro lets you to pick up the call ringing on ACD group extensions from extension outside of the ACD group. What it would mean from ACD perspective, who answered that call, agent or who? What to show on SMR, etc.
    However, if the call comes to extension not from ACD then all supplementary services configured on that extension will take effect.

With all other telephone systems that I work with, when a call is answered by the use of the group pick up or directed pickup method for telephones outside the group, a flag is set in the call record of the ACD statistics that the call had left the queue as being answered as other.

Question, if I set all extensions up as part of the Queue but only log in the ones responsible for answering calls, will the group pickup for the queue work for those that are not logged in then?

I am just trying to find an alternative before things become drastic.

Kevin

I still don't understand well what your practical scenario is and therefore giving you a general answer.
    While the call is handled by ACD, all supplementary services on agent extensions are disabled. However, if the same call leaves the ACD "territory", the PBX will take control over that call enabling the supplementary services. For example, if you configured your extensions 21,22,23 as the agents of the agent group 555 then the call from outside to 555 will start ringing ext. 21,22,23 and you cannot pickup the call from, let's say ext. 24. If your concern is not to lose that call by some reason then you can enable redirect in ACD Group 555 settings and send the call to wherever you want if it is not answered by the Group within "Group ring timeout". From the time when the call has been redirected by ACD, it leaves the ACD "territory" and from that point the PBX rules take effect on that call. For example, if the call is redirected to ext. 21, it will start ringing again and you can pick it up from ext. 24 (if configured so) this time because it is not ACD call anymore.
    If you still have concerns regarding implementing practical scenarios i would be glad to discussed it with you.

Let me try this another way -

I have a customer that has recently been provided an M8L - with ACD queue, to try and alleviate the lack of staff when there is a high incoming call count.

When there is a smaller number of people to answer the calls, people that are not part of the queue want to answer calls but not have their telephone ring when a call comes into the queue.

They therefore need some form of GROUP PICKUP to be able to gain access to the call.

How can this be achieved with the system as quoted above?

The GROUP PICKUP feature is a common feature to all telephone systems for any call type and needs to be made available with this system as explained before.

Option #1
    In ACD Group Settings enable the "Enable Redirect" and use some virtual extension (VE) in "Redirect address". Enable the voice mail and "Enable Ringing Simulation" on VE and set some big value in "Ringing Simulation Timeout", let's say 30 seconds. Set the VE watching on all IP phones that will be used for ACD call pickup.
    Now, if the incoming call to ACD group is not answered within ACD "Group Ring Timeout", it will be redirected to VE and the calling party will hear the ring back tone; the watching buttons of the IP phones configured for pickup will start blinking and you can pick up the call from any of them. If the call is not answered, it will go to voice mail of VE
    Option #2
    In ACD Group Settings enable the "Enable Redirect" and use some real extension (with the phone attached) in "Redirect address". Enable the voice mail on real extension. Set the real extension watching on all IP phones that will be used for ACD call pickup.You can also create a pickup group and include the real extension into that group.
    Now, if the incoming call to ACD group is not answered by agents within ACD "Group Ring Timeout", it will be redirected to real extension and the calling party will hear the ring back tone; the attached phone will start ringing; the watching buttons of the IP phones configured for pickup will start blinking. You can pick up the call either by pressing the watching buttons or dialing the pickup group number. If the call is not answered, it will go to voice mail of real extension.

Hi Kevin,

Did you try the above? i have a client that wants to be able to pick up within the ACD group.. have you got that working?

Nicola - Pickup does not work when the calls are going to the ACD - you need to get the customer to log into the ACD Group before they are then presented with the call.

*83 from a handset or use the login/out key in advanced section of ip lines.

K

Thread Information