Thread: External Music On Hold

Default External Music On Hold

Hi there,

Do i have to activate anything within the software in order to recieve the 3rd party advertising? we have it connected to the audio input?????

Yes you need to set up to use the audio input for music on hold and assign it.

Regards

Kev

I found it under each ext user? is that correct?

Quadro Architect

Well, yes it is put under each extension setting, so each extension should be configured differently. But I agree it needs also be put in a common place, in case if someone wants to change the default music for all extensions at once. We are going to add that ability very soon - it'll be in "Universal Extension Recordings" link on the "Extensions Management" page - but for now you have to set it up for every extension separately.

Best regards,
    DVR

P.S. My greetings to Pieter and other guys at Gracan! Maybe they still remember me - I was visiting you once at your Umhlanga Rocks office and still have photo with you . Very nice people, and generally I liked Durban the most among three main SA cities I visited..

Oh i remember you, how you doing?.... So now we are running full time with the Epygi's now. We do live in a lovely place... Thanks for the info below. Well im writing to you, Have you set up an Iphone yet on Iqall? Im trying to set one up and it is askingon the IPhone for Username and password...

Quadro Architect

I see from other thread you already sorted your issue with username and password. But I think you misunderstand the concept of the iQall. iPhone cannot work as regular IP Line unless you install a SIP client on that. iQall is not SIP client. It is a click2dial type application. That means you can originate calls from iPhone using iQall, but you cannot receive call using that application. If you really want to receive calls on iPhone, you have two options:

Option 1. Use iQall for outgoing calls. For the incoming calls, use Unconditional Forwarding (or better FindMe/FollowMe service) on one of the extensions. Just forward the calls coming to that extension, to your iPhone using ITSP or PSTN line.

Option 2. Forget about an iQall, and install a true SIP client (like Fring, for example) on your iPhone. Activate Remote Extension on any extension you like, and register your SIP client on Quadro using username/password of that Remote Extension. This will let you to make and receive calls as on any other regular Remote Extension or IP Line.

Best regards,
    David

P.S. You are the thin (almost like me admin guy, right? Its too many years passed, and I don't clearly remember the names... Lets check - the cowboy-style guy's name is Mike, and the big guy is Buck (or something very similar...), the black guy had name starting with "R", but I don't remember the rest.. do I remember right?

Hi David.

Thanks for the above and explaining so nicely.... Im not a guy. Im the girl that helped you set up the boardroom. im now installing epygi's and loving it. Another question? what do you think about the ACD/SMR application? im installing tomorrow and hoping all goes well? anything different i should know that is not in the notes?
    Oh yes you have it correct.. Mike the Cowboy (or more like a surfer boy), Buks the big guy, Peter the afrikaans man and Velly the black guy and i think Wayne was in there as well (red haired guy)...

Thread Information