Thread: PSTN access code

Hello,

I would like to be able to choose another number as PSTN access code, because "0" and "9" are not enough for me. I will explain you why.

When my users make a call I want them to call via IP without any prefix. But then I have a problem with the PSTN access code because in Spain most numbers start with "9", and international calls (wich I obviously I want via IP) start with "0".

I knowthis can besolve quite easyly with an IP access code to make international calls, but I don´t understand why can´t we change the PSTN access code. Although it is not important, it would be easier for me and for users.

Regards,

Quadro Architect

Hello Guillermo!

Nice to meet you here

We have just "0" and "9" there, as these are the codes used for PSTN by practically all over the world, and adding more option in the box could confuse some users. But you can notice that there is also the third option - just leave this field blank, and system will not create PSTN access rule in the routing table.

After that you can create that rule yourself - just add a routing record with pattern, lets say, "2?*", number of discarded digits = 1, call type = FXO, and inbound call filter = *,PBX. All the rest fields can be left without changing. Andso you have created the aPSTN access code"2" without the wizard

Hello Davit,

I´m glad to meet you here. I hope everything is OK.

And thanks for the tip. Very useful. [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by guillermobmi
    I would like to be able to choose another number as PSTN access code, because "0" and "9" are not enough for me. I will explain you why.

Depending on the phone your using you may also be able to do it in the phone. I use Cisco's dialplan.xml configuration to allow my users to dial without a PSTN access code, in which case the phone adds it, or to use an access code to force a certain outbound carrier, in which case the phone just passes it to the Quadro.

Thread Information