Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Watchdog - Warning running low file system space

  1. #1

    Default Watchdog - Warning running low file system space

    We have a 16x that is getting the follwing event warning
    Warning running low on file system space for configuration data.

    Any ideas or any solutions?

  2. #2

    Default

    get a USB flash drive and plug it in after you download the config format the usb flash drive and upload all config again once you have pointed all files to use that..

  3. #3
    Quadro Architect
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Around myself
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    No, installing USB stick will not help here. USB stck will help in case of voicemail space being low. But in this case the configuration space is low, not the voicemail space.

    This is not really dangerous, as you still have some space free, but it would be good to delete some unneeded extensions. If this doesn't help, please contact Epygi TSS (ask them to call David with look into the case). We'll look into your unit to see what is the specific reason for the config space being low.

  4. #4

    Default

    David, Where is the statisticsa and other log files etc held if you have a USB stick installed ? still on the System?

    Which memory is used for BLF notifications, trans coding etc? Please provide a memory map for future reference.

    Regards

    Kevin

  5. #5
    Quadro Architect
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Around myself
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Well, the memory map is a long story.

    In short I could give the following info:
    1. The configuration (everything except the uploaded or recorded WAV files) is always stored inside the device in internal memory.

    2. Uploaded or recorded WAV files are stored in different part of internal memory, and, if USB stick or CF card is installed, they are moved to USB stick or CF card, and are stored there.

    3. What refers to other data pieces, like Call Statistics, DHCP leases, transfer statistics, Pending events, user specific GUI states, this is dependant on the product:
    a) on 4x/16x they are always kept in the internal memory, even if USB stick is installed;
    b) on the M-series (M32x,M8L,12Li,M26x,M26xi) when CF card is installed, they will be stored on CF card, the same way as audio files. BTW, this allows us to increase the internally stored CDR number for M-series (we are going to do that soon).

    4. BLF notifications, trans coding, and many-many other data is stored in the RAM and so is lost after reboot.

    5. Logs are different - most of them are stored in RAM and are lost after reboot; some of the logs are also stored in the RAM, but are preserved after reboot until power cycle happens.

    Hope this helps . There are lots of different data stored in the Quadro, so if you are interested in the placement of some specific data, just ask here

  6. #6

    Default

    Ok where does the voicemail to email end up? ram or storage? faxes - ram or storage? developer logs ram or storage?event logs ?

    Does Alloy have the actual memory map?

    all these questions unanswered

    Kev

  7. #7
    Quadro Architect
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Around myself
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Ok where does the voicemail to email end up? ram or storage? faxes - ram or storage? developer logs ram or storage?event logs ?

    Does Alloy have the actual memory map?

    all these questions unanswered

    Kev
    Well, not all those questions unanswered . See below:

    1. "voicemail to email": voicemail is converted to email before sending. That email is stored in the RAM, then is sent out and deleted
    2. "faxes": stored in the same place as voicemails and all WAV files
    3. "developer logs": see my post above - it is there (point 5).
    4. "event logs": see my post above - it is there (point 3 "pending events")

    Does the Alloy have the map...? I don't think so...
    There are thousands of different kinds of data; most of them are temporary data which user is not even aware about. I don't think there could be a map for them..

    Is there any other data you want to know the storage of?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Well, not all those questions unanswered . See below:

    1. "voicemail to email": voicemail is converted to email before sending. That email is stored in the RAM, then is sent out and deleted
    2. "faxes": stored in the same place as voicemails and all WAV files
    3. "developer logs": see my post above - it is there (point 5).
    4. "event logs": see my post above - it is there (point 3 "pending events")

    Does the Alloy have the map...? I don't think so...
    There are thousands of different kinds of data; most of them are temporary data which user is not even aware about. I don't think there could be a map for them..

    Is there any other data you want to know the storage of?

    Yes Please - I would like the passcode to the vault in geneva for James Bond. Can I have that? I have been good

    Regards

    Kev

  9. #9
    Quadro Architect
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Around myself
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Yes Please - I would like the passcode to the vault in geneva for James Bond. Can I have that? I have been good

    Regards

    Kev
    1646799400235438237808923457.

    This one was easy.. Anything else?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dakabin
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Close davrays ................. but you reversed two digits!!!!!
    Please don't tell them where Elvis is living now!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. onesided audio after transfer or hotcall on 4x running 5.2.12
    By waipapaeyecare in forum Troubleshooting and Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 09:23 PM
  2. configuration file for Version 5
    By hwan5758 in forum Troubleshooting and Problems
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 01:50 AM
  3. How to change snom_settings.xml file
    By sun_shine2k in forum 'How Do I' Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
  4. Hold Music file types, sample rates, file size
    By Magnetism in forum 'How Do I' Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
  5. 3PCC Running on the Quadro6L
    By jloeken in forum Troubleshooting and Problems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •