Thread: Outbound calls from 2xi ISDN to FXO

Default Outbound calls from 2xi ISDN to FXO

Hi all

I found two previous threads that kind of touched on this question, but I am not sure that I understand correctly how it works.

I have a 2xi with a BRI trunk, I use "0" as a pre-fix to dial out. Then I also have a FXO gateway with 3 analogue lines. We want to use the analogue lines mostly for incoming calls and the ISDN for out going calls.

So far so good - all incoming calls come from the FXO and work their way through the AA, and when we dial out using "0" as the pre-fix our out bound calls go out on the ISDN trunks of the 2xi.

At times though we will have more than 2 out bound calls. In the call routing table I have 2 patterns to dial out:

Pattern 1:
    0?* uses the ISDN trunk (works as intended except not "failing over" to the FXO)

Pattern 2:
    6?* uses the FXO trunks (works as intended when "6" is used to dial out)

Here is my question: in the pattern for 0?* I set fail over reasons as any, however my calls to not use the FXO when both ports of the ISDN are busy. I tried various options in this pattern, mostly with the result that NO calls go out.

In the above mentioned previous threads, it is mentioned that one can have more than one pattern of the same type (?).

Is my interpretation correct, that I should have two patterns for "0", as follows (abbreviated description):

Pattern 1:

0?* set up to use ISDN, with fail over reason ANY

Pattern 2:

0?* using the FXO (with no fail over reason)

Sorry, but I am having a dumb moment here trying to understand how to apply the call routing patterns for out bound calls

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Hey matey... you hit the nail on the head :

Pattern 1: 0?* set up to use ISDN, with fail over reason ANY
    Pattern 2: 0?* using the FXO (with no fail over reason)

100% correct.. just make sure that the ISDN rule is higher above the FXO rule..

Also I have had mixed results if you leave the Fxo to ANY on the resource page.

I have found it better, to always nominate the Channels that are available..

Kev

Hi Kevin

Thanks mate, I've made the changes, and it works properly now . One thing to knock off my to do list.

Cheers mate!

Thread Information