Thread: Pickup Groups

Default Pickup Groups

Hi all.

After a number of trials with handsets we've deployed our new Quadro M32X system, but there's a feature from our old key system that users are asking for and I can't figure out how to reproduce.

We have incoming calls on our main number routed straight into an extension with a hunt group (500). What people want is the ability for anyone in the office to answer an incoming call. If I set a BLF watch on extension 500 on a button on the handsets it flashes when there's a new incoming call.
    So then I tried creating a pickup extension (600) with 500 in the pickup group, and all PBX extensions in the access list (default) to let people answer it. But when we receive an incoming call and the call hunt extensions start ringing, dialing 600 just says that there are no calls to pick up.

Has anyone got this to work, or found a similar system that keeps the end users happy?

Thanks

600 is a virtual not a valid answering point .. and yes it is doable and works a treat.

Out of interest what do you use the FXS1 and 2 for ?

K

Thanks for your reply

FXS 1 has an analog conference phone connected to it, FXS 2 is empty.

Any chance of a more detailed hint as to how to get this to work? I've some experience in Asterisk/FreePBX but I've never had to achieve this there either.

Quote Originally Posted by alliancesoftware View Post
    Thanks for your reply

FXS 1 has an analog conference phone connected to it, FXS 2 is empty.

Any chance of a more detailed hint as to how to get this to work? I've some experience in Asterisk/FreePBX but I've never had to achieve this there either.

Go to www.voipexperts.net.au tell them i sent you

Kev

FYI, we have implemented on Quadro M8L two separate pickup groups for different sets of extensions numbering plan and it works well. When a call comes in, the correct pickup group number is dialed by anyone and the call gets picked up nicely. I guess should work well with the M32.

Thanks tsim.

I did get it working but in a somewhat counter intuitive fashion.

It seems I had to place every extension in the pickup group, not just the hunt extension. I think this is because the hunt extension is not seen as ringing, only the "real" extensions are.

Thread Information