Thread: New Quadro Video Conferencing bridge in 2011

Default New Quadro Video Conferencing bridge in 2011

Hi:

I was just reading in the Epygi newsletter about the new video and audio conferencing bridge. I understand that it is a bridge (server). How will it work?
    I guess that it has to be connected to eg. a Quadro8ML. Only Quadro extensions including softphones (QcmS) will be able to video conference. Outsiders who don't have a quadro extension but may have a video IP phone can not connect. Correct?
    Will the softphone be able to do desktop video conferencing where your desktop screen appears on the video. THis requires switching from the mounted webcam to the PC monitor.
    I am just wondering how well this will compete with Cisco Webex ($40/mth) or Microsoft Lync.
    Yes. video conferencing is a must for the Quadro. Quadro video conferencing is only $100 as one time license fee. So, for internal use, it is cheaper. Epygi is on target. Great job!
    I would like to see more details on it and a you tube video, and screen shots. Which IP phones will be tested first? Will it be integrated with MS Outlook 2010 and CRM packages?
    Thanks for your help.
    Toon

Default Video Conferencing details

The video conferencing will be a license key similar to the audio bridge license key. It is built into our M IP PBX products and there is no additional hardware needed - minus the video phones.

You will have to be on an Epygi Quadro – either local or remote for this to work.

No, we do not have web/ screen sharing at this point. It is only the video and audio conferencing bridge at this moment.

Right now Polycom VVX1500, Yealink 2009 and Grandstream 3140 video phones are tested. More to come.

Default Correction on release date of Video Conferencing

The February newsletter said March 2010, but this should be March 2011. Sorry for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by kcarden View Post
    The video conferencing will be a license key similar to the audio bridge license key. It is built into our M IP PBX products and there is no additional hardware needed - minus the video phones.

You will have to be on an Epygi Quadro – either local or remote for this to work.

No, we do not have web/ screen sharing at this point. It is only the video and audio conferencing bridge at this moment.

Right now Polycom VVX1500, Yealink 2009 and Grandstream 3140 video phones are tested. More to come.

You should be able to add any "other" video solution to this - ie Video Pass thru with Xten Light, Bria or eyebeam etc...

Unless I am mistaken this is available as a pass thru on all latest firmware Quadro releases.

Kevin

Kevin:
    video conferencing is pass thru from video encoding perspective but not on RTP and SIP signaling levels. However, it doesn't mean that Xten or other softphones will not work. You can add them as "other" and try on your own risk. They just didn't pass careful testing with Epygi therefore Kelly didn't mention them.

323 Lakeside Ave. West # 460 A Cleveland OH 44113

Thumbs up

Great thought really loved it

Post Epygi Video Conferencing features

Hi, does epygi VC solution support screen spliting to display all the conference participants concurrently? And what's the minimum bandwidth size require per video call?

Kindly clarify!
    Keji

currently the video conferencing supports only the view from one participant at a time. The required bandwidth is something between 128 and 1024 Kbps depending on the video quality.

Thread Information