Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suddenly no sip registration

Default Suddenly no sip registration

Suddenly, my epygi Quadro 2xi no longer registers at the sip servers. I have 6 SIP accounts.

In the SIP registration log, one of these 6 accounts looks as follows:

21:45:29 Registering user 23xxxxxe0 on server sipgate.de
    21:45:29 SipRegDlg:OnRegister # 23xxxxxe0@sipgate.de:5060, reg:1, rr:0, id: (empty), pswd:exist, info:[OP#sipgate.de:5060][NP#0:60]
    21:45:29 SipDlg:AddServerParams # Equal outbound params in primary server params, must discard outbound params # OID: 257
    21:45:29 SipDlg: DetermineInitTarget # Call to primary server # OID: 257
    21:45:29 TargetQualifier::QualifyTargets # Try to qualify targets for dest sipgate.de # OID: 257
    21:45:29 SipDlg: DetermineTarget # Wait for resolving destination: sipgate.de # OID: 257
    21:45:29 TQAgent:UAMsgProc # Resolved addresses for host sipgate.de via default dns
    DEST: 217.10.79.9 UDP Port: 5060 TTL: unknown
    21:45:29 TargetQualifier::NatHandling # Wait response from NATAgnet # OID: 257
    21:45:29 TargetQualifier::NATAgentMsg # Got NAT response: 'fail to get NAT mapping' # ID: 5566598574227466943
    21:45:29 SipRegDlg::TQMsgProc # Got failure msg from TQAgent for destination: sipgate.de # OID: 257
    21:45:29 Registering error (Incorrect remote address), move to terminate state # OID: 257
    21:45:29 SipRegDlg::SetRegNextTimer # Next registration will be in 96 seconds # OID: 257

I did not change anything on the Epygi, as far as I know. I just activated the firewall on the Epygi a few weeks ago, but things were working fine after that.

I already rebooted the switches, quadro itself, the router and the phones.

The ip lines register very slowly, but the SIP accounts do not register at all.

Why is the Quadro failing to get NAT mapping?

When I switch off "developer logging" and just monitor the event log, I do not see any stun messages, success or failure. Stun is activated (stun.epygi.com). Is the Quadro not using STUN and therefore not able to register at SIP servers?

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by keeskoets; 01-26-2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Additional information

Quadro cannot get the NAT mapping address. Check the "NAT Traversal Setting" on Quadro and status of connection type on the "System->Status->SIP Registration Status" page.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your reply. My business is dead at the moment...

On the sytem/status/sip registration page I read the following:

6 x registered "no"

Underneath the table is written:
    Connection type detection is in progress.

On the Telephony/NAT Traversal Setting page I read the following:

STUN Parameters:
    Primary STUN server: stun.epygi.com
    Primary STUN Port: 3478
    Secondary STUN server: <empty>
    Secondary STUN Port: <empty>
    Polling interval: 1 hour
    Keep-alive interval: 120 second(s)
    NAT IP checking interval: 300 second(s)

RTP Parameters: use STUN
    SIP Parameters: use STUN
    General Settings /NAT Traversal for SIP : Force

By the way, I just programmed an old VOIP phone (Linksys 941) with one SIP account, and this is registering without problems, on the same network.

try to disable STUN and configure the NAT traversal manually. It seems something changed in your external network or router and STUN cannot map the ports by some reason.

That sounds a little too complicated for me.

How about getting a new router? Would are the chances that that solves the problem?

Could my router be broken? It's an old WRT54G.

Dang it .. you are using Linksys routers ( they are prone to firmware updates breaking sip traffic)

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Linksys+WRT54G

"NOTE: There is a known SIP registration problem with the WRT54G v5 & v6 with firmware versions below 1.00.6~~:
    A bug in the Linksys/VxWorks firmware version 1.00.6 on the WRT54G v5 and v6 can cause SIP registrations to fail regardless of NAT settings in Asterisk or on the phone/ATA. This has been verified with a Cisco 7940 running SIP 6.3 and with X-Lite. Updating to the latest firmware will fix the problem."

Google found that info..

K

Thank you for your link, Kevin!

I have a Linksys WRT54G v2.2, running DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final (05/16/06) so this is not one of the problem models.

The newest version of this alternative firmware is dd-wrt.v24_mini_wrt54g (10/10/09)

However, I am not sure it will solve the problem. The router has not been updated for years and the quadro was running fine for more than a year.

Updating the firmware is quite a job and I may end up with a brick.

Any suggestions at this point?
    Last edited by keeskoets; 01-28-2011 at 04:08 AM. Reason: additional information

trace path to your VISP and find out what the ip address is and ask them if it changes at all..

go to quadroipaddress/generalconfig.cfg and put a check mark next to accept stray sip requests...

in the nat traversal page, put the ip address of the visp in the exclusion list...

those things i normally set up and alter when things just happen...

Also, check the codecs for the visp account and make sure that you remove the unused codecs... then make sure that all of your handsets and auto attendant uses make only unsecured calls and select the audio codecs as per the ones that you use.

These are just a few things that you need to look at if things have just died..

Regards

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    trace path to your VISP and find out what the ip address is and ask them if it changes at all..
    It doesn't change often allthough dynamic

go to quadroipaddress/generalconfig.cfg and put a check mark next to accept stray sip requests...
    I get the following message: You are not authorized to access this page!

in the nat traversal page, put the ip address of the visp in the exclusion list...
    done

Also, check the codecs for the visp account and make sure that you remove the unused codecs... then make sure that all of your handsets and auto attendant uses make only unsecured calls and select the audio codecs as per the ones that you use.

I leave this one for now as I am not able to register at the SIP server at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After doing the things mentioned above, the Quadro is still not registering at the SIP servers - same error.

I could use the Quadro as a router but this means reprogramming all handsets and other equipment in the network. I will also lose WIFI so probably not really an option.

Should I buy a new router? If so, which one is especially useful for VOIP traffic?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KSComs

I get the following message: You are not authorized to access this page!

That should have read "quadroipaddress/generalconfig.cgi"

Sorry mate..

K

Thread Information