Thread: IP Answering Machine & Cordless Handset Suggestions

Default IP Answering Machine & Cordless Handset Suggestions

Any suggestions for an IP audible answering machine for use on the Quadro 2xi?

It mustn't be voice mail but feature audible call answer and recording, (like older answering machines) that still can be picked up.
    I would prefer to avoid older analog handsets/systems and ATAs.
    Voip Software alternatives for windows are also an option.

Any suggestions for a wireless or cordless IP handset for the same Quadro 2xi?
    It is intended as an extension and importantly must have CLID

Maybe there is an cordless/wirless IP handset that features the traditional answering machine style?

Regards
    Last edited by mgenee; 02-18-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Well the voicemail of the extension is good enough for an answering machine style device and is capable of answering more than one call unlike an answering machine which is 1 call only. That is the Simplest method without going into voicerecording hardware / software etc... or do you have the budget for that ?

If not, I guess it boils down to the IP Cordless because you want CLI etc.. so a good allround IP Wireless could be the Siemens Gigaset / AASTRA / SNOM varieties ...

Your thoughts?

I agree with you regarding voice mail and use it on the Quadro, however at times i require answering method were i may hear the call going to voice mail and then decide if i want to answer it, as on old tape recording answering machines.

In other words. After hours, at times there is little break between handsets ringing.
    In case of an emergency I would like to only hear voice mail in a similar fashion to an intercom; if that makes sense...

Incoming calls are on ISDN 2 line trunk, I am not particularly concerned when the answering system is turned on it can only take one at a time, I'm quite happy with a busy tone.

Is this possible using the Quadro voice mail alone?

Thanks, i will be looking at those brands you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenee View Post
    I agree with you regarding voice mail and use it on the Quadro, however at times i require answering method were i may hear the call going to voice mail and then decide if i want to answer it, as on old tape recording answering machines.

In other words. After hours, at times there is little break between handsets ringing.
    In case of an emergency I would like to only hear voice mail in a similar fashion to an intercom; if that makes sense...

Incoming calls are on ISDN 2 line trunk, I am not particularly concerned when the answering system is turned on it can only take one at a time, I'm quite happy with a busy tone.

Is this possible using the Quadro voice mail alone?

Thanks, i will be looking at those brands you suggested.
    Re : Is this possible using the Quadro voice mail alone?

No - not that I am aware yet- it would be a nice feature to have so that you could intercept the call during recording of the message and monitor but I dont think Epygi has been asked for that feature until now

Kev

Thread Information