Thread: Voice Mail Codec through Email

How do I change the Voice Mail codec used when sending a voice mail message as an attachment.

I tried different codecs under "Voice Mail Common Settings", but they were all received as ULAW codecs.

ULAW codec is not compatible when I try to play it on a Windows Mobile 5 device.

While I do not Epygi's voice mail for a bunch of reasons I will not get into. I use Broadvoice as my VoIP provider and use thier voice mail along with this free service http://www.magikinfo.com/vm2wm/which converts audio into several optional codecs. I use MMS to my cell phone and it works very well.

Hope this helps.

-Glenn

Hi Ghutton,

I would like the list of the things you would like changed on the Epygi VM system. It is the only way we can have changes.
    1. I am frustrated with fighting with codecs. Where do i download them for my users for Media Player?
      Voicemail navigation. Its toocomplicated, and there is no FFWD or REWIND. i want to have it the same as our Mobility provider (if that requires me to customize it so be it).
      Want common voicemail for 5 extensions (many ext ringing) with simple retrieval >*0 then password from any of themultiple ext's

Curt

Quadro Architect

Well, thanks for suggestions.

But I never though somebody could have problems with PCMU: it is included by deafult almost everywhere. Thats why Quadro doesn't let to configure the codec of the "VM to email" - it is fixed to PCMU, and nobody else had a problem with that.

VM navigation has FWD and REWIND - you can go back and forth using "4" and "6" buttons. Or you mean navigation inside the single message?

Quadro Architect

Anyway, we are working on some redesign of ourVM system. Not sure when it will be included.

Thread Information