Thread: IP extensions behind FXO GW

Hybrid View

We´ve problems setting up IP extensions in a following topology: Internet->Q2X->QFXO->LAN; Which could be the ideal configuration in both units?

Thanks in advance, Richard

Hi

I think the ideal configuration is to place IP Phone and QFXO in the LAN of Q2X, like this:

Internet->Q2X-------->QFXO
    |
    |&nbsp ;
    |----->IP Phone

Hello, yes I already connected as you suggest, but eventually we have echo and incomplete calls. The manual recommends to connectFXOgw WAN port to LAN port of the Quadro IPPBX so as far as I can understand the FXO gw LAN port become de access point of the Local Network for IP phones and computers, but How we be able to do that?, regards

Hello !

Quote Originally Posted by ealcala2
    Hello, yes I already connected as you suggest, but eventually we have echo and incomplete calls.
    Please open ticket in Technical support area(concerning echo).

Quote Originally Posted by ealcala2
    The manual recommends to
    connectFXOgw WAN port to LAN port of the Quadro IPPBX so as far as I
    can understand the FXO gw LAN port become de access point of the Local
    Network for IP phones and computers, but How we be able to do that?,
    regards
    Yes, It is correct that FXO_GW WAN port should be connected to LAN port of the Quadro.
    But Empty LAN port of FXO_GW is intendant for configuration purposes, for admin PC etc...but not for IP Phones.

As I suggested before, You have to connect IP Phones in the LAN side of the Quadro.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, we already implemented as you suggested and its seems works well. The only issue still to resolve its that time to time the 2X "looses" the FXO GW path configuration in its CR table, so when it happen we must re-configure it. As soon as we detect the conflict I´ll share it.

Other thing we changed:the customer has been use two different brands of IP phones, we changed to only one and voila!

Regards,

Thread Information