Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epygi Music Streamer (EMS), storing playlists

Don't want a hardware device of limited functionality

Quote Originally Posted by darylp View Post

Well stop buying 2x's and put in "M" Class systems only : P

Hi Kevin,
    Will M class devices allow Internet mp3 streams directly from the Internet for call queue hold messages and music on hold?

Cool, reckon I'll recommend M class for my next install then.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...

Daryl:

Sorry for disappointing you but the M series products (M8L, M12Li, M26x, M26xi) will not have capability of streaming directly from Internet. However, they will have the audio-in port where you can plug in your external radio device.

Quote Originally Posted by hrant View Post
    Daryl:

Sorry for disappointing you but the M series products (M8L, M12Li, M26x, M26xi) will not have capability of streaming directly from Internet. However, they will have the audio-in port where you can plug in your external radio device.

And that means that the M2 device can be plugged in and stream to the system

Kevin

Sorry, seems to be some sort of logic loop...

This would only allow *1* audio stream, quite limiting, apart from the fact that having an analog audio interface into an IP PABX is a step backwards.

The mp3 streaming capability would allow multiple custome Music-on-Hold messages all centrally managed:- ideal for multi-site installations which is where IP PABXes excel.

Hey Kevin, do you have any 1980s Telecom Australia rotary dial phones, they look really funky in my 1930s house. Do you reckon they'd work on the Quadros. Do the Quadros support pulse dialling?

Actually better, would you have any of those touchpad drop-in replacements for the rotary dialler in the 1980s Telecom Australia rotary dial phones?

Hardware limiting? Ineteresting ...

Q./ Daryl are you after a way of being able to provide different music on holds for groups / phones etc depending on the type of call?

Q./ Daryl do you know that each SNOM handset can stream a music source as its own MUSIC ON HOLD if you are wanting to provide that to callers, is that what you want?

Thinking this through more - you could have more than one streamer for multiple hold streams - this works - unless you are thinking that the Quadro should stream the streams

A./ No I do not have any old vintage 60's style telephones that would be suitable for your 1930's Historical Home.

Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by KSComs; 12-13-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Great responses Kevin,
    My understanding is the M2 device would simply allow a USB stick with a mp3 file on it to be played via its analog port:- I've used such devices and they are great for legacy *analog* phone systems.

I don't see them fitting in with modern IP PABXes.
    The analog audio ports on the M series PABXes are great if you have legacy infrastructure:- a bit like fxs/fxo ports.

However, I don't see using them for functions that can easily be done with more flexibility in the pure IP domain as a modern way of doing things.

Your question about providing different music on hold for different groups/phones is a great idea:- I have a client with a Quadro 2xi which could benefit from that as they have different companies running from the same office.

I vaguely remember the Snom phones can do their own hold music, but I like the idea of having all that centrally managed by the PABX:- classic network centric design.

Thanks for the reminder that you can have multiple Epygi Music Streamers running.

I'll be using this today to allow a client to listen to his Music on Hold with and without a 12dB/octave 2400Hz low-pass filter on different extensions.

I' ve attempted to run 2 instances of EMS on differing ports:- 7000, 7001.

However the 7001 stream gives a loud buzzing sound.

Stopping EMS configured for 7001 port doesn't stop the buzzing sound, so I don't think it is EMS.

Should I allow a few port numbers between streams?
    e.g. use 7000 and 7010 rather than 7000 and 7001

Not sure what is causing the buzzing sound but you don't need to have spaces between the port numbers. Just try to use the even port numbers for streaming channels, for example, 7000 and 7002 because the odd port numbers are used for RTCP. Also, be sure not to have the streaming ports in the "RTP/RTCP Port Range" configured on "RTP Settings" page on Quadro.

Thread Information