Thread: Multiple Remote Extensions at single site.

Default Multiple Remote Extensions at single site.

Hey guys,

This may have been asked and answered already but I can't find it anywhere. So please forgive me if it does appear somewhere else on these boards.

Is it possible to register two (or more) remote extensions behind the same router at a particular site?

If so, how exactly is this done?

I am using a 16xi and snom 300 phones.

Any help much appreciated.

Lee.
    Last edited by Leeinsa; 11-25-2010 at 10:35 AM.

2 x VPN IPSEC modems and the world is then your oyster.

Anything else and it restricts you in what you can do to be honest - this is what I have found.

Just my 2 cents..

Kev

Thanks Kev,

Was hoping to get away without extra routers etc. But I can see the VPN route perhaps being the easiest and most hassle free method in the long run.

Cheers,

Lee.

I suppose you have your phones behind the same router, Quadro has public IP.

You should be able to do so, you will need to configure Remote Extension for each phone on Quadro IP PBX.For simplicity on that page set "enable rtp proxy" and "symetric rtp"
    So each phone should have distinguishing user name and password.

Quote Originally Posted by harut View Post
    I suppose you have your phones behind the same router, Quadro has public IP.

You should be able to do so, you will need to configure Remote Extension for each phone on Quadro IP PBX.For simplicity on that page set "enable rtp proxy" and "symetric rtp"
    So each phone should have distinguishing user name and password.
    Only problem will be the sip registrations for each phone at the public ip...

Thats where SNOM handsets are better than the others....

Kev

One addition regarding the remote extension registraton.
    In most of the cases, if you register your phone as remote extension, there is a way to overcome problems with routers and NAT related stuff.
    When "symetric rtp" check-box is enabled, then Quadro will send it's SIP and RTP messages to the source IP address of the original SIP and RTP messages, that came from the phone. Which means the following:
    1. If your phone is behind f.e. symmetric NAT, then upon registration Quadro will send SIP messages to original IP address and port of your router (not of your "contact" header).
    2. Quadro will also send "ping" messages to that port, so it remains open on firewall.
    As a sequence of this:
    3. Theoretically phone does not need to have STUN or NAT traversal settings enabled

4. having "rtp proxy" enabled, when call is established between Quadro and remote phone, Quadro will send RTP stream to the IP and port or the original RTP stream, but not to the SDP "headers".
    Of course this configuration might not work for some of the scenarios, but can be helpful in a number of cases.

Regarding registration of multiple phones from the same IP address (router IP), there should not be issue with this, if user name and password for each registration is different.

Thread Information