Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voice mail attachment issue

Hi Kevin,

when the [VM_DATE] is the last in the subject line add an an underscore (_), like [VM_DATE]_. This should resolve the issue with VM to email.
    As to the second question not sure I understand it clearly. Could you please crarify?

Thanks
    Ashot

Quote Originally Posted by ashot View Post
    Hi Kevin,

when the [VM_DATE] is the last in the subject line add an an underscore (_), like [VM_DATE]_. This should resolve the issue with VM to email.
    As to the second question not sure I understand it clearly. Could you please crarify?

Thanks
    Ashot

I wish it were the solution Ashot, but no matey .. still the same no matter where the Date variable is introduced.

If you run up a box with Australia and the ntp servers of Aussie... do you get the same result as we are receiving?

Regards

Kevin

ps second question i will start another thread.
    Last edited by KSComs; 11-29-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Kevin,

No, I couldn't reproduce this. I changed the regional settings to Australia and NTP server to time.esec.com.au. VM to email works OK with mentioned workaround. So, what is the next? Maybe your current mail server is sensitive regrading the Date variable?

Thanks
    Ashot

Ashot,

I have a secondary mail server that I can control a little, when I created an account to use on it and made the quadro authenticate against the mail server with the format that you have specified, the voicemail to email functionality works correctly.

Maybe there is a spam / malware application on the other mail server that is malforming the email or it just might be that particular mail server that is causing the problem.

Removing the $[VM_DATE]_ variable means the voice mail to email functionality works correctly via the other mail server. Maybe make reference to the problem and the work around.

My mail server by the way where the voicemail to email function works is a linux server ( send mail with spam assasin ).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So if you are reading this and are having trouble, try without the Date command and you should receive your voicemail to emails correctly.

Regards

Kevin

Thumbs up Brilliant, I can get email with attachment now!

Thanks Kevin,

Removing the date worked, $[VM_HOSTNAME]$[VM_DISPNAME]$[VM_DURATION] is the only field I used.
    I'm not changing it.
    I appreciate the help guys.
    Thanks
    Jose

Thread Information