Thread: Remote Extension - SNom 360

Hi All,
    We have just purchased an Quadro 4x. All working fine internally on the LAN, but we cannot get a Snom 360 working remotely. The Snom is attached to our LAN subnet as 192.168.0.240. NOTE:The unit IS NOT our internet gateway. Our DSL/VPN routers in each site are 192.168.0.254 & 192.168.2.254. We have a Windows SBS 2003 Server on 192.168.0.1. We have static IP's on both DSL routers.
    The remote phone is accessible viaa VPN as 192.168.2.10 and we can ping alldevices in both directions.
    Could someone please give detailed instructions on getting this phone working in this scenario? Thanks.

I have a 16x with snom 360, 300, etc connected have you set the remote extension settings up in epygi I have set it up as follows for ext 51 as an example (enable remote) username(ext51) password(51) enable rtp(yes) fallback( yes or no) rtp(yes) then in the snom topline put (locext 51) second line (ext51) third line(51) forth line (direct ip of the epygi with:5060 after) fith line same as forth line you must have a direct ip I have setup multi ip's so the epygi has its own ip and you would type it in as (***.***.***.***:5060) save this in the snom and check the system information to see the status of the snom

Hope this may help

Many thanks. Very interesting. Could you possibly give me a screen dump of your Snom settings?

Quote Originally Posted by netcare
    Many thanks. Very interesting. Could you possibly give me a screen dump of your Snom settings?

Send me your email ID. There is no tool to attach screen shots here. I will my settings on SNOM to you.

netcare
    Saying "cannot get Snom working remotely" is not enough to understand this issue. Could you please tell me
    - what kind of error you have on your Snom phone
    - from which interface on Quadro you are trying to register Snom (LAN/WAN)

Finally you can check the SIP User Agent log systemlogs.cgi to see if there is any SIP message coming from your SIP phone. You may identify the message by the IP addr of your SNOM. If there is nothing coming to the Quadro, check your network topology, SNOM settings.
    If you will not be able to check the logs yourself, post a request ticket, enable developer logging from systemlogs.cgi->System Logs Settings, attach the system logs to the ticket and I'll check for you.

Hope it helps,
    Souren

Quote Originally Posted by derekkmark

for ext 51 as an example (enable remote) username(ext51) password(51) enable rtp(yes) fallback( yes or no) rtp(yes) then in the snom topline put (locext 51) second line (ext51) third line(51) forth line (direct ip of the epygi with:5060 after)

It works without having the remote option enabled. With an Aastra, i use local parameters even if the phone is on another site

Ayenacom, it will work, but in that case you may have some problems with different call-paths. The right way is to configure LAN-sided IP-Phones from "IP-Line Settings" page and the WAN-sided IP-Phones from "Extension edit -> Remote Settings" page. Only in that case we can guaranteecorrect functionality of IP-Phones with Quadro.

Thread Information