Thread: Snom Automatic Firmware upgrade

Default Snom Automatic Firmware upgrade

We use Snom 360's and the latest approved Snom firmware is 7.3.27 for Epygi firmware 5.2.9.

Snom only offer 7.3.26 and 7.3.30 for download.

The Epygi tries to push a cromulent version of the firmware according to a setting on the hidden /***.cgi page (as I understand it) but this page is inaccessible - how do I get to be able to see it?

How do I set the Snom phones up (using the snom user interface) to accept the firmware upgrade/downgrade? - the default setting for the URL is http://snom.provu.uk/snom and cannot be changed when setting update automatically.

Ta

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMarshall View Post
    We use Snom 360's and the latest approved Snom firmware is 7.3.27 for Epygi firmware 5.2.9.

Snom only offer 7.3.26 and 7.3.30 for download.

The Epygi tries to push a cromulent version of the firmware according to a setting on the hidden /***.cgi page (as I understand it) but this page is inaccessible - how do I get to be able to see it?

How do I set the Snom phones up (using the snom user interface) to accept the firmware upgrade/downgrade? - the default setting for the URL is http://snom.provu.uk/snom and cannot be changed when setting update automatically.

Ta

Steve

Steve, Turn Auto Provisioning off on the Quadro, set your telephones as type "OTHER" and manually provision all of the handsets...

Regards

Kevin

Hi Steve,

Turn off "Enable firmware version control " and leave your "Line settings" with Snom 360. Firmware version 7.3.30 works perfectly.

Best regards,

Daniel

aYenaCom
    daniel.noulet@ayenacom.fr
    www.ayenacom.fr

That might do the trick too, if it doesnt use the other then you can manually set everything on the SNOM...

Kev

Hi,

I don't know why in your case you were unable to change the default URL but even in case when the setting update automatically you are free to change that field. And there is absolutely no need to change the Line Setting to "Other" and especially turning Auto Provisioning off to be able to update the phones firmware manually.
    You need only to turn off the "Automatic Firmware Update" on the Quadro, because even if you change the firmware on the phone the firmware will be upgraded/downgraded by Quadro to it's supported firmware after phones reboot. And after this you are free to manually update your phone's firmware.

Thanks,
    Ruben

Thread Information