Thread: changing default extension's

Question changing default extension's

I have looked in the manual's but for the life of me can't find the answer. I have a 2x *brand new* and when logging into the interface noticed that it has preconfigured 10 extensions with extension numbers running from 13 onwards.

I need to change it to a 6xx range and then obviously link the extension numbers to the line numbers, any advise is appreciated.

thanks!

Well I found out whats up if anyone runs into this problem.

1. Make sure you have the latest firmware
    2. Delete all the default extensions except for the top 00
    3. Click add multiple extensions and complete the tabs
    4. Click save and you are done

ps: If you change from a xx range to xxx range make sure that you enable ??? just underneath ?? in the call routing otherwise the phones can't call each other.

There is also another way to do the same. Open the hidden page: "[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']changeextlength.cgi", set the "Extension Lenght" to 3 and add "Extension Prefix", for example 2. It will automatically convert all your extensions from xx to 2xx.[/FONT]

Hi,

The only steps Grep suggested will not work because after deleting and adding extensions all Lines (analogue and IP) will be disconnected from the extensions and you should manually connect every extension to the line to be able to use the phones and call them by their extension number.

Thanks,
    Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by hrant View Post
    There is also another way to do the same. Open the hidden page: "[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']changeextlength.cgi", set the "Extension Lenght" to 3 and add "Extension Prefix", for example 2. It will automatically convert all your extensions from xx to 2xx.[/FONT]
    I have M32 and i want extension in format 7xx. I can leave it as default length of 3 (xxx) but i can't add prefix in that case...Did reset, default length is 3, but prefix field can be used only if you choose 4 or 5 length...

Thread Information