Thread: I need 3 digit’s

How can I program my network voice with 3 digit or 4 digits, I need connect 3 remote sites and what happen when i have more to 10 sites if epygi support only 2 digits the numeric plan

If you have multiple sites you can create a 3 digit dial plan in call routing(for up to 9 sites) e.g. user at site A dials 150 to speak to user on extension 50 at site B and vice-versa. For 10 or moresites you can use a 4 digit dial plan. This will work when you have a Quadro PBX at each site.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnologik View Post
    How can I program my network voice with 3 digit or 4 digits, I need connect 3 remote sites and what happen when i have more to 10 sites if epygi support only 2 digits the numeric plan
    If you use a 2 digit dial plan for local extensions and want to use your dial plan to talk with 10 other systems...
    Well it is achievable...and the other systems can have varied length of extension numbering ..

I normally use 3 digit dial plans for local extensions this doesnt limit you using 2 digit for special features etc... and sometimes I will use a mask to allow dialling other systems like Epygi do with 8*, NDS 1, SIP.EPYGI.com:5060 ...

But for flexibility I try and make it a 2 or 3 digit code and the extension number... depends on the customer and how they communicate with the rest of the IP world...

Ie... I might use 30 to 39 as a way of adding 10 routes or I will use 300 - 399 giving me 100.

I usually will set up either domain / ip direct routing to allow communication being tied down to those routes and can close off other resources if need be.

extension@ipaddress:5060 can equate to a number to an epygi extension usually dialled by the Epygi Sip server like ---> 812345678 in the dial plan routing to 12345678@sip.epygi.com:5060

Regards

Kevin

Thread Information