Thread: Connecting 2 Quadro 2x together

Default Connecting 2 Quadro 2x together

Hi

I am relatively new at this so please bare with me.

I am running this in my test lab at the moment and is not live yet on the customers site.

I have X2 Epygi Quadro 2x and they are on 2 different networks. Is there a way to connect both of these two Quadro 2x together in some way?. The other installer with me said maybe we can use the FXS and FXO ports on them.

Thanks

Hi Kelly

As i see you want to find a way to make calls between two Quadros. If so you have to just create call routing records to rout call from one side to other. You need to enter Telephony -> Call Routing and create routes. Use online help for more information.

Thanks,
    Ashot.

Hi Kelly,

If you want to connect Quadros for increasing the number of FXS(FXO), then for ideas you can use one of the following two documents in Epygi download portal:
    Stacking Quadros1, Stacking Quadros2

Thanks
    Ashot

Quote Originally Posted by kellymartin244 View Post
    Hi

I am relatively new at this so please bare with me.

I am running this in my test lab at the moment and is not live yet on the customers site.

I have X2 Epygi Quadro 2x and they are on 2 different networks. Is there a way to connect both of these two Quadro 2x together in some way?. The other installer with me said maybe we can use the FXS and FXO ports on them.

Thanks

Hi there Welcome to the forums,

Ideally what are you trying to achieve ? Can you spell it out in plain english what you are trying to achieve please, so that we can best answer you.

ie... We just want to remotely connect to each other by dialling each others extensions from one 2x to another... if this is what you are meaning than yes it is very possible, ie, at 2x (A) you would need to create routing entires in the format of - extensionrange@ipofquadro(B)

and vice versa ..

The way that looks is simply, if the WAN port of 2x (A) was on IP address of 10.2.0.1 and 2x (B) was 192.168.2.1 then apart from routing at a firewall level the entries would be :

Lets say that you are using the standard 2 digit extension numbering ...

2x (A) call routing would look like this :

Pattern = 1??, nds 1, destination type = SIP , Destination host = 192.168.2.1, port = 5060 ....

2x (B) call routing would look like this :

Pattern = 1??, nds 1, destination type = SIP , Destination host = 10.2.0.1, port = 5060 ....

So what the above translates to is - extension@ipaddressof2x
    or if 24 was needed to be dialled from 2x(A) to 2x(B) you would dial 124 and the telephone system would change that to 24@10.2.0.1 - extension 24 would ring at 2x(B)

This is but a mere example of how it can be achieved and not what might be suitable if this is what you are trying to achieve...

Regards

Kevin

Default Connecting 2 Epygis together

Hi there

Thanks for your replies and sorry for being so Vague. I will give these a go and will let you know of the results.

Thanks again.

Kelly

Thread Information