Thread: number dialed does not exist

Question number dialed does not exist

hello,

i have a quadro4x (rack mount) and a few polycom ip650 telephones.

i just setup a new extension (150) at home and i have it registered. the sip and the rtp are working because when i call the pbx (fxo over pstn) i can answer the call from home and have two-way audio.

the problem is when i am trying to call outbound - i get this message "number dialed does not exist" every time no matter if i am trying to call another extension or if i am trying to call another phone number (land line or cell phone, pizza guy or taxi.. it doesn't matter).

the rules in the call routing table work when i am in the office and i figure that they should work for the phone at home. the only thing that has changed is just the fact that the ip phone is not connecting to the lan interface but to the wan interface and that i had to configure my phone to use nat and also forward the necessary ports on my firewall at home).

anyway, like i said, i think that sip and rtp are working fine because i am able to receive calls at home and i have two way audio.

is there something i should be looking at?

thanks in advance,

juan

If you can receive calls then that is not an issue with sip registration and the mere fact that you can hear the other party means that NAT is setup correctly, but the golden question is DTMF.. what do you have it set to ?

Kevin

Under "Users/Extensions Management", I click on the "codecs" and there is a value for "Out of Band DTMF" and this value is True/Selected. The line in question is an IP Line.

Is this what you mean by DTMF?

Hello KSComs,

The issue has been resolved - it pertains to the fact that I have my remote telephones using a host name instead of the IP address of the PBX.

Technical support asked me to enter the FQ hostname into "Internet/Dynamic DNS Settings" under the hostname field as a work around.

This problem has been fixed and now I am moving to the next problem I am facing and that has to do with my PBX complaining with a "system overload" whenever I place calls and also some inbound calls just get dropped without warning... very bad for business so I am going to get the guys at support to take a look and maybe I will open up a thread reporting back my experience(s).

In any regard, thanks for your help KSComs.

Juan

I would like to explain what was the problem, so that others would know the reason and how to overcome this.

On the Ip Phone configuration, instead of Quadro IP address, some FQDN was put and packets actually were reaching Quadro when sent from IP phone to the Quadro. But Qudro was not treating this requests as it's own, because the FQDN was not configured on Quadro as it's own FQDN. So, calls were forwarded to the call routing table as "12345@FQDN:5060". Having no match there, the calls were closed with message "Nuber diald does not exist".

To overcome this, you just need to put the FQDN in the DydDNS settings of the Quadro. In this case, the incoming call(12345@FQDN:5060) will be treated as Quadro own call and will be sent to call routing rule as "12345".

In next 5.2.x images, there will be a possibility to configure SIP aliases on the Quadro. Putting the FQDN in the SIP aliases will resolve this as well.

Hope my explanation will help to resolve such problems.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahan View Post
    On the Ip Phone configuration, instead of Quadro IP address, some FQDN was put and packets actually were reaching Quadro when sent from IP phone to the Quadro. But Qudro was not treating this requests as it's own, because the FQDN was not configured on Quadro as it's own FQDN.
    Now that's been a terrible gotcha. I have spent ages with phones not going and all I needed to do was put in the IP address. Couldn't have been simpler!

Thanks for posting this.

I have an X26 Quadro NAT and firewall active and when I make the call from the remote extension for the completion of the call I have to put 92572540@192.168.2.1 private ip address for example and I have another with NAT and firewall disabled and does not require this. Your comment that in the 5.2.x firmware updates will resolve the issue. The Quadro is the current version is 5.2.6. there is nothing there to resolve the issue?. You say you have to make a rule in the call routing table can give an example.

FQDN's always resolve to IP Addresses ... I like to keep things simple ... I register to an IP rather than a FQDN - because you have to have a Domain Name Server involved to forward the IP address answer where the name maps to..

Cut out the middle man and just make it the end route or an IP and then Voilah it works. ! Couldnt be simpler than that.

Regards

Kev

Thread Information