Thread: Virtual extension voice mail notification.

Default Virtual extension voice mail notification.

Can I program a button on a snom 300 to monitor the voicemail status of a virtual extension and then light up if there is voicemail on it?

I have a virtual extension at a clients which rings 3 phones simultaneously. If no one answers the call, the voicemail for virtual extension 300 accepts the call. But the 3 phones than have no idea that there is voicemail waiting. I don;t want to email the messages or text them, i just want the users to see a light so they can dial and listen as normal.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Leeinsa View Post
    Can I program a button on a snom 300 to monitor the voicemail status of a virtual extension and then light up if there is voicemail on it?

I have a virtual extension at a clients which rings 3 phones simultaneously. If no one answers the call, the voicemail for virtual extension 300 accepts the call. But the 3 phones than have no idea that there is voicemail waiting. I don;t want to email the messages or text them, i just want the users to see a light so they can dial and listen as normal.

Many thanks.

Regards,
    Not at this stage .. unless you use the broadcast section of a vitrual .. I am not sure if we can program a GROUP Voicemail Key yet to signify that "X" Group has a message for it.

It would be a great feature if we could have - a way and means of being able to identify via a BLF key that a group has been left a message though.

I have in the past programmed that feature on 10 year old Samsung DCS Key Telephone systems.

Ie - 3 x keys programmed

1. Sales VM
    2. Service VM
    3. Administration VM
    4. Personal VM
    First 3 are group and last is a personal VM.

Kev

Thread Information