Thread: caller id name replacement

A nice enhancement in the future would be the ability to have a database of numbers where you can subsitute the Caller ID NAME. For example, I get a lot of calls from people with cell phones where all I have siplayed is either the city or something like PCS Cellphone. I would love to have a list where I can plug in a name so when these calls are received by me I see the correct name.

Thanks

Administrator

Agreed. That might be useful. Currently, the only method for modifying the Caller Id is in the Call Routing table. Edit a call routing entry and then select the filtering option on the bottom left on the 1st screen. This will bring up an additional page as you edit the CR entry. Add the Inbound Calling Pattern (caller id), select the Number of Discarded Symbols (number of digits to delete), and set the Inbound Prefix to the new Caller Id that you want displayed. You can have duplicate CR entries and each one can have a different Caller Id.

The new 3PCC (3rd Party Call Control) API (in 4.1.x firmware) allows the CallerID info to replaced on an inbound call. I think this is where this sort task should be done, so that the name data can be pulled from CRM databases or similar.

Quadro Architect

Right now in Quadro, the "Distinctive Ringing" feature can be used also to modufy the name shown on the phone (justfillthe Nickname field on the "Caller ID Based Services" -> "Distinctive Ringing"). Though this will affect one one selected extension.

Thread Information