Thread: How to increase maximal number of voice messages

Default How to increase maximal number of voice messages

Hi,

A customer of us complains that whenever is voice mailbox reaches 300 voice messages regardless of the free memory the system won’t accept any new voice messages saying that mailbox is full. How do I increase the number of voice messages?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by rwalland View Post
    Hi,

A customer of us complains that whenever is voice mailbox reaches 300 voice messages regardless of the free memory the system won’t accept any new voice messages saying that mailbox is full. How do I increase the number of voice messages?

Thanks,
    Allocate more memory space in percent for that user. ie instead of 1% increase it to 5%..

If he needs to store those messages for long term you might want to ask them to archive on a month by month basis and store them on a nas drive or server or something else rather than that of the quadro...

Kev

That is the problem. If I allocate more memory space it is still all over after 300 messages. They using a 1GB flash drive for storing and this number has 20% of this mem space. The messages are approximately 1 minute long and they are stroing it for two months.

robert

Hi

Actually you are right Robert. You can not save more then 300 vm on single extension, because there is a limitation on the Quadro. It does not depend on memory so increasing memory percent won't help and limitation can not be changed by user.

Regards
    Narek

Any posibillity for a feature to manipulate that number in future releases?

thanks

robert

How about archival of voicemails to allow you to purge them on a month by month basis ?

And store them off site ?

Kev

We don't have in our plans to make that number configurable. Making it bigger complicates the housekeeping, slows down to GUI, etc. If your customer really needs to store the voice messages for long period of time, why he just cannot send them via email to some mail account?

it doesn't matter how big the memory storage is - the maximum number of the voice mails stored in one mailbox is 300.

Thread Information