Thread: External FXO Unit

Default External FXO Unit

Hi all

i have an external 6 port fxo unit sharing lines to a quadro 16xi unit

the fxo unit is on firmware 5.1.13 ans the quadro 16xi is on 5.1.39

my problem is as such
    wheneveri setup line sharing between the two units, and try to configure the shared fxo ports on the quadro unit, the system shows me the fxo lines.
    when i click on the fxo 1@10.0.1.126 link to configure the fxo line to ring throught to a specific ext, the system tells me "Warning : FXO line is removed !!!"

this i very annoying since i cannot set my inbound calls on these fxo lines to ring properly. this has only recently been happening.

please see attached pictures for referance

thanks
    fxo.jpg

fxo1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cornepiek View Post
    Hi all

i have an external 6 port fxo unit sharing lines to a quadro 16xi unit

the fxo unit is on firmware 5.1.13 ans the quadro 16xi is on 5.1.39

my problem is as such
    wheneveri setup line sharing between the two units, and try to configure the shared fxo ports on the quadro unit, the system shows me the fxo lines.
    when i click on the fxo 1@10.0.1.126 link to configure the fxo line to ring throught to a specific ext, the system tells me "Warning : FXO line is removed !!!"

this i very annoying since i cannot set my inbound calls on these fxo lines to ring properly. this has only recently been happening.

please see attached pictures for referance

thanks
    fxo.jpg

fxo1.jpg

What happens if you click on the 00 in the route information ?

Kev

when i click on the 00 route, it takes me to ext 00 auto attendant settings.
    the 00 auto attendant is being used for normal day service.

Corne,

Out of Interest ... you have turned the Quadro telephone system off and the fxo gateway...

Restarted the gateway and then the Quadro telephone system in that order ?

I seem to remember some funny things happening with a 6fxo gateway and a 4xi3 install at one stage.. and thats the only thing I can do to rectify it... in the setup for them...

kev

yes Kevin i have done that
    also in reverse.
    i have also upgraded form 5.1.30 to 5.1.39 in the main unit to see if that will help.
    this thing was working perfectly up until about 2 months ago and i cant explain it

Quote Originally Posted by cornepiek View Post
    yes Kevin i have done that
    also in reverse.
    i have also upgraded form 5.1.30 to 5.1.39 in the main unit to see if that will help.
    this thing was working perfectly up until about 2 months ago and i cant explain it
    Corne ,

It might just be an error that resides in the cache .. the way around it might be to do the following...

Default the gateway .. factory reset .. that is after you take a config settings of it..

Then do the settings from scratch...

Test it then.. does it do the same ? does it now work ? if not ... take a download of the telephone system ... default it... do the settings from fresh.. does it then work ? did that fix it ?

That is what I would systematically do... the later is the hardpart because of defaulting the system entirely...

If it fixes it ... you end up with a happy customer... if not .. then it boils down to going back a revision of firmware or 2 ... to do it..

Send the details to Epygi tech support so they can look at why...

That is what I would look at... if it was working.. what has been introduced since last time.. if it is firmware.. unless u have back ups of the old firmware settings then start from fresh is the only way...

Just a few things that you can try mate... unless the Epygi techs can offer another solution before doing that.

Kev

hi there

i did as you suggested

i first downgraded to a previous version. it started to do the same after a week

i then went back to the latest firmware version and redid the entire config. i started dropping the fxo lines again. what do i do now

Corne,

It must be a config / firmware combination that is causing your error... take a dump o the logs when it happens and send them to the distributor / Epygi gurus here or analysis..

Regards

Kev

this problem seems to be related to my other post regarding the FXO and isdn unit that keeps deregistering. once the unit deregisters it loses the related routing table entries. i then have to reboot the fxo unit, redo the relevant routing tables entries. once this is done i cannot change the fxo line settings to point to the routing table. this seems to be since i loaded the 5.1 firmware versions. the problem is i cant downgrade to the 5.0 since the client needs the 5.1 firmware for another facility only added in the newer releases.

Thread Information