Thread: Profiles for voice mail settings.

Default Profiles for voice mail settings.

Can anyone tell me how these work? Or point me in the right direction to read up about them, i did read the manuals etc, but could find no reference to how or what these are for.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Lee.
    Last edited by Leeinsa; 04-02-2010 at 09:58 AM.

From the on-line help:

Voice Mail Profiles Help

The Voice Mail Profiles page is used to define and configure custom voice mail profiles.
    The Voice Mail Profile is a group of most common Voice Mail Settings which can be saved under a specific name. This allows you to have several versions of Voice Mail Settings configurations per extension.
    Each Voice Mail Profile may have custom voice mail greeting, maximum voice mail duration, new voice mail notifications and Zero-Out settings. The Voice Mail Profiles are activated based on the call routing rule used to establish a call. This is limited to the PBX-Voicemail type of calls used for a direct access to the extension's voice mailbox. The Voice Mail Profile name should be provided in the Call Routing Wizard when defining a PBX-Voicemail routing rule. When the rule is used, caller accesses the called extension's mailbox with the settings configured in the corresponding voice mail profile.
    With this service, you can pre-configure several versions of Voice Mail Settings and save them as Voice Mail Profiles. For example, if a call is originated from the PSTN network to the corresponding extension's voice mailbox, the greeting message can tell the caller: "You have reached the ... company, please leave a message." and the maximum voice mail duration is configured to 15 minutes. This voice mail profile can be saved as "ForPSTN" and its name should be defined in the routing rule responsible for incoming PSTN calls distribution. In parallel to this voice mail profile, there can be another profile designed for internal PBX calls. It will play the following voice mail greeting: "Hi, you have reached Mike's voice mailbox, please drop me a message and I shall call you back.", the maximum voice mail duration is 5 minutes and there is a Zero-Out feature configured to call Mike's cellular phone. This voice mail profile can be saved as "ForPBX" and its name should be defined in the routing rule responsible for PBX calls distribution to the local extensions.
    When the first routing rule is used and the call reaches the extension that has the corresponding voice mail profile, the settings of the ForPSTN voice mail profile will be activated. For the second routing rule, when the call reaches Mike's voice mailbox, the settings of the ForPBX voice mail profile will be activated.
    The same profile name can be used to create profiles for different extensions. This is useful if the profiles have a similar purpose but differ in certain user-specific settings, such as voice mail greeting, Zero-Out destination number, new voice mail notification options, and so on. Creating multiple profiles with the same name gives a wide flexibility to have different voice mail settings activated depending on which extension is called.
    Note: If an extension does not have a profile specified in a call routing rule or the specified profile name is incorrect, the default Voice Mail Settings of the extension will be used.

Thread Information