Thread: Hotcall inbound ring

Default Hotcall inbound ring

Hi,

Is there any way to get Hotcall to make the monitored extension ring on an inbound call ? Our end users like the integration with Outlook, but hate having to "accept" a call before the handset will ring. (Means they have to keep an eye on the screen to avoid missing calls). Ideally, Hotcall should pop up, identifying the inbound caller, while the monitored extension should ring. Is this possible ?

Quadro Architect

Well, this is perfectly possible. What you want is basicly a "auto-accept" feature, right? I personally like that feature, but I'll see what folks here think about that (I'll ask around).

Do you want the user do be able to accept/deny after it rings on the phone?

Best regards,
    David

David, thanks for responding so quickly.

Whilst it might be nice to have the accept/deny/forward functionality available on both the phone (it's a SNOM 360) and the PC, I suspect that may throw up a few issues (accept/deny on the handset would have to update the Hotcall status, and vice versa). The ultimate control has to be on the handset, but it would certainly be useful to be able to transfer an unwanted call without letting the offending party know you're around, so if it's possible to make this available then yes please. Initially though, a simple auto-accept function would be fine, as long as the incoming call detail remains on screen - only clearing if the call is physically accepted by either taking the call at the handset or letting it time out to voicemail - or rejecting it.

I appreciate that there's a lot of development going on elsewhere in the system, but if you could provide some sort of interim auto-accept with a more elegant solution later on, I'd be hugely grateful. (I have a new installation which is perilously close to being rejected and stripped out if I can't provide this functionality!)

Regards,
    Steve

Quadro Architect

Steve, as yuo correctly noticed, there are some other things we are currently busy with... So we cannot just drop them and implement this, even in the light version. But we'll try to do that interim auto-accept soon, maybe in a week or so. However in that "light" version we cannot close the info dialog based on user answering/rejecting the call from the handset, so that info dialog will show up, then automatically be closed after some timeout (configurable).

Meanwhile woul it help with that customer, if you just decrease in the config screen the existing "accept" timeout from 20 sec to say 3 sec? I understand that they would prefer to see the info screen even after the phone starts ringing, but by decreasing the timeout you at least make the behavior a bit closer to what they want.

David,
    Closing the info dialog after x seconds would be an ideal solution - I like it ! Is it possible to turn off the "Trying to connect" message as well, and just leave the ring tone ?

I didn't realise that I was running a "light" version. Is there a "Full" version available somewhere that I might evaluate ?

I'll look at decreasing the timeout, but it may be less irritating for the customer if we just leave incoming call handling disabled. I can see him freaking out if the info pops up and then disappears before he can do anything.

Again, thanks for helping me with this. Much appreciated !

Steve

David,

Just wanted to make sure we're both talking about the same version of Hotcall. The client is running the latest version of the Hotcall add-in (Outlook click to call). I hope that's the one you're proposing to mod !

Regards,
    Steve

David,

Not heard anything on this for a while. Is there any estimated timescale available ? I'm coming under a certain amount of pressure !

Thanks,
    Steve

Thread Information