Thread: QCM External Call Control not available

Default QCM External Call Control not available

Hi there,

I've installed QCM 4.1.18 on an XP desktop sitting on the WAN side of a Quadro 4xi. Firmware 5.1.39. The Quadro is behind a secure firewall, so I've turned it's own firewall off for now.

I've configured the remote settings on extension 1118, and have set up QCM per the manual (I think!). QCM is registering correctly, and monitoring extensions correctly, but the line is greyed out. According to the QCM help, this is because 3pcc is not enabled on the Quadro, yet when I check the features on the Quadro, it's showing Free Trial enabled on both 3pcc and QCM. I've also downloaded and installed the Call Control Activex 2.1.2.0. Have I missed something glaringly obvious ?

Thanks,
    Steve

Quadro Architect

Well, I am not sure on the reason (though for sure this is not related to the 3pcc), but try to right-click on the "Line 1". You should see a panel with options like "In Office", "Out Of Office", "Disabled" and "External". Maybe your is "Disabled" or is on a wrong setting. Try to select all those options one by one. One of them may work

Best regards,
    David

David,

Thanks for coming back (you've also responded to my related Hotcall issue, so thanks for that too!). I've made some progress on this - the external line is now showing green, but I still can't place a call or monitor a queue. I'm pretty sure sure it's not a 3pcc issue, as I've downloaded the call control pack and run all the tests successfully. QCM is registering correctly on the Quadro, as a remote on extension 1123 and the line on QCM is correctly set as external. When making a call to an internal extension (1115), the call to the initiating handset is made correctly and 1123 rings. On lifting the handset QCM shows "Trying 1115" and a ring tone can be heard on the handset of 1123, but 1115 doesn't ring. The call on 1123 then times out, but QCM still shows "Trying" until the release key is hit. I don't know if this is a sympton, but just getting QCM to fire up is hit and miss. It regularly hangs on startup and the only way to get it back is to erase the profile and start all over again. Bizarre. As this is a purely internal system, I've turned off the firewall and NAT on the Quadro, but to no avail.

To be honest, I'd prefer to use Hotcall with the auto-accept functionality, as QCM seems to be a bit user-hostile and the documentation is a bit sparse when it comes to problem solving. It also may not be the right tool for this particular job, as it's really just being used to identify incoming calls and place outgoing ones from Outlook for single users, rather than a receptionist.

If there's anything obvious in the above, then I'd appreciate any tips, but otherwise I'd suggest we concentrate on the Hotcall modification, if that's okay with you.

Thanks,
    Steve

Quadro Architect

Well, it looks you are trying to use a combination of HotCall and QCM... - to make call from QCM, you initiate that call from Hotcall on the same PC.. Its a bit strange configuration..

Did you try to make call from the QCM itself? Just dial a 1115 from its keypad? Soes it work?

The PC with QCM installed doesn't have Hotcall on it. That's a separate unit (which is running fine). Initiating a call from QCM rings the originating hndset, but there's no sound on picking up the handset, and it goes to dial tone after about 15 seconds, although QCM displays "trying". I haven't tested Hotcall on this PC, perhaps that should be my next port of call, although the Call Control pack initiated and joined calls correctly.

Quick update - I ran Hotcall from the Call Control pack and it worked perfectly. QCM just hung, which makes me think it's not connecting properly. Could this be down to a licensing issue ? (I ran the trial period hidden page to enable 3pcc and QCM for 30 days. Still got 23 to go!).

Cheers,
    Steve

Thread Information