Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inbound SIP Calls Not Working

Cool Inbound SIP Calls Not Working

Anybody have an idea on what may be causing this problem?

Have added an ITSP account to a Quadro 2x.
    VoIP Wizard created extension 998 and auto setup the extension and the related outbound call route.
    Outbound dialing works great.
    Inbound works - sometimes.

Most of the time inbound calls receive the following message after 2 rings:
    "All circuits are busy. Please try again later. Announcement A64-23."
    The letters and digits following the word "announcement" may differ as I cannot make them out perfectly.

I have contacted the SIP provider and they say the Quadro is registered properly.

We have a Vonage ATA that hits our Quadro's FXO port and calls to and from this account work perfect. There have never been any problems. We only have this inbound problem with the SIP account.

Anybody have any ideas?
    Last edited by BreeSoft; 03-27-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Im not sure about the call flow. Is it ... ITSP account ----> ATA ----> FXO of Quadro 2x ---->ITSP ????

I read it twice and then a 3rd time...but still I am unsure of the call flow..

Do you think it is the recording of the Quadro when you call in ?

Or somewhere else ?

If it is an ITSP sending calls from multiple IP addresses then the following might help.

Try as a test then turn on - under http://ipaddressofquadro/generalconfig.cgi - Accept stray SIP requests

See if that improves the problem...that is a way of accepting ITSP calls from a different IP addres of an incoming ITSP account. This only happens on some ITSP's when they have multiple sip servers that send calls.

Regards

Kev

Hi Kev,

Right now, we have an actual Vonage line hit a LinkSys PAP2.
    The LinkSys PAP2 line 1 port hits the Quadro 2x FXO port.
    The FXO port is set to forward to Auto Attendant 00.
    Outbound call routes are set to use the FXO port.

When we want to use SIP service, we dial an 8 to use that route.

We have a SIP account in the Quadro and we used the VoIP wizard to create it.
    It created ext 998.
    As requested by my input, all inbound SIP calls are directed to Auto Attendant 00.
    It created the outbound call route as well.
    We can dial out every time using standard dialing via FXO port or using the SIP trunk by prefixing the outbound number with 8.
    There is never an outbound dialing problem.

The problem is that the inbound sip calls sometimes come in to the AA as designed.
    Other times, the caller hears "All circuits are busy. Please try again later. Announcement....."
    I am not sure if this is a pre-recorded Quadro message as I am not familiar with how many there really are. It is a female voice and it does sound similar to some of the other recordings. But I just cannot say for sure.

The SIP provider says that the Quadro is registered correctly. They say something must be wrong with our firewall or carrier. Our firewall is the Quadro so I do not think it would be creating a problem with voice traffic. And the carrier of the SIP line is provided by the SIP service.

I will try checking the option to allow stray SIP requests. Any information you can provide that may further enlighten me would be most welcome.

Thanks for your help.....

It might be a silly question but cant you remove the registration of the SIP account on the PAP2 and use the Quadro to control th SIP line from the ITSP - Vonage line? Or do they control the PAP2 and do not allow you access ?

For your information - the Quadro 2x can control up to 8 concurrent SIP calls on the Wan side.

It sounds like the Quadro is playing "All circuits are busy. Please try again later. Announcement....." and must be because of a loop trying to get back out on the FXO port for some reason - which under your scenario is busy via the inbound Vonage - ITSP call.

Do you have a fail over rule for outward dialling in the call routing corresponding to dialling out specifically on the FXO port ? or another rule that could take the caller out on the FXO port ?

Regards

Kev
    Last edited by KSComs; 03-27-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Vonage has control of the LinkSys PAP2 device.
    We are not able to configure anything there.
    As such, we are not able to register the Quadro directly with Vonage.
    Would love to be able do that but can't.

The SIP number I am trying to call is actually a separate # provided by our SIP carrier (SoTel).
    I am trying to call that SIP # from my mobile #, not the Quadro.

We have a total of two #s.
    When we try to call the 2nd SIP #, we get the message.
    If the message is being played by the Quadro, why would it be involving the FXO port if the SIP # is set to go to the Auto Attendant?

Both #s inbound forward to Auto Attendant.
    The FXO # -> AA is set by fxo.cgi.
    The SIP # -> AA is set by UCF on extension 998.

This is so weird. And it is intermittent.
    Let's say that I edit the extension 998--BUT I DO NOT ACTUALLY CHANGE ANYTHING-- and then save the settings.
    I then call the SIP #, and the AA answers.
    But try to call again and get "All circuits are busy........"

I am stumped.....
    Last edited by BreeSoft; 03-27-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Here is something that baffles me:

It looks like SoTel has two different IP addresses used for inbound and outbound.

I just changed the inbound SIP adddress to use IP address #2.
    I left the outbound call route using IP address #1.

I placed another test call from my mobile and got to the Quadro AA as I should.

I just tried again placing the test call again and got "All circuits are busy...." Is this a bug with the Quadro??????

Quote Originally Posted by BreeSoft View Post
    Here is something that baffles me:

It looks like SoTel has two different IP addresses used for inbound and outbound.

I just changed the inbound SIP adddress to use IP address #2.
    I left the outbound call route using IP address #1.

I placed another test call from my mobile and got to the Quadro AA as I should.

I just tried again placing the test call again and got "All circuits are busy...." Is this a bug with the Quadro??????

Hey there,

Use accept stray sip requests and that should rememdy the problem.... lock your SIP addresses down to the ones that you know about to ensure security then you should be fine...

Regards

Kev

I did as you suggested and made sure the option to accept stray SIP requests was checked and yet the problem still persists.

Thank you for all the input. I am at a loss.....

Have confirmed this is definitely not a Quadro problem.
    Got so frustrated with this that I actually took the Quadro offline.
    With the Quadro not even powered on, I placed the call from my mobile to the SIP number and got the same message "All circuits are busy. Please try again later. Announcement A64-23..."
    This has to be a problem with the SIP line or SIP service since the Quadro cannot possibly generate the message while powered off.

Ahhh the ladies voice is from Asterisk, I mistook the lady was the Quadro Lady ..... thats why the 2 x IP addresses in the registration and the similarity with what was happening.. sorry matey ...

Regards

Kev

Thread Information