Thread: outgoing calls

Default outgoing calls

Hi

I create an account with voip carrier wizzard and now I can accept icnoming call with my
    software sip phone but I can't do outgoing calls.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have learned that the VoIP Carrier Wizard does not create outbound call routes. It only creates the 999 extension containing the account details needed to connect to the VoIP carrier.

The outbound call routes you need to define are based on the carrier. I use nexVortex and they are an International VoIP provider and they require the full 11-digit dialing.

I had to create an outbound call route using ??????????, with a prefix of 1, using extension settings of extension 999. That allows me to pick up a handset and dial the area code + number. My Quadro knows to prefix the number dialied with a "1" and then dial out via the VoIP account assigned to extension 999.

There are some other call routing entries I had to make as well but they do not apply in this case. I am not sure if these outbound calling rules apply to softphones as well, but it least it is something you can try if you have not done so already.

Hope this helps!

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by BreeSoft View Post
    I have learned that the VoIP Carrier Wizard does not create outbound call routes. It only creates the 999 extension containing the account details needed to connect to the VoIP carrier.
    Thats not correct.
    VoIP carrier Wizard creates a special outbound Call Routing Rule, using the prefix you entered when you pass the wizard. If you entered lets say "55" as a prefix, you can call to that provider using 55+<the phone number>.

If this automatically create rule doesn't satisfy your needs, you can modify that , or create separate rules, as BreeSoft suggested.

I think I must have mistakenly deleted the call routing rule the VoIP wizard created on my Quadro, which is why I had to go back in and create the rule manually. My mistake....

There are no mistakes, just alternate routing methods

Kev

Thread Information