Thread: Siemens Gigaset C470 IP Phones on Epygi 4X4

Question Siemens Gigaset C470 IP Phones on Epygi 4X4

Hi All,
    I have just taken delivery of some Siemens C470 IP DECT Handsets and am trying to get them to register on our Epygi 4X4
    After reading other threads on this forum I have been able to get the phones to make calls out and to other extensions however I cannot get them to receive calls at all.

I have noticed that they do not show up as registered on the Epygi under IP Line registration and the handsets say "Provider registration failed" on their displays.

I am sure that I am just missing something simple but would appreciate any help that may be given.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

It's not easy... too much parameters.
    Configure your base use fixe IP and put all other IP parameter to the IP of the quadro (gateway, dns etc...).
    In 'conexion' parameters (base of C470) use the name and password of the Quadro IP Line. Adavnced parameters, all IP need be quadro's IP.

It's work but I 'm not able to transfert a call with 'R' key and it's not esay to use....

not a good choice, I think...

Thanks for your reply EricM,

I have tried your suggestion, still no luck.

Can I ask what port you have set for your "Registrar Server Port"
    And are you using STUN?

I have all ports set to 5060 as default for the Epygi But I think I need somewhere between 6000 and 6099 for the "Registrar Server Port"

I have not enabled STUN

Thanks again
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by esscom View Post
    Thanks for your reply EricM,

I have tried your suggestion, still no luck.

Can I ask what port you have set for your "Registrar Server Port"
    And are you using STUN?

I have all ports set to 5060 as default for the Epygi But I think I need somewhere between 6000 and 6099 for the "Registrar Server Port"

I have not enabled STUN

Thanks again
    Brad

UDP 6000 to 6099 is for the Audio Stream - that allows RTP

UDP 5060 is for Registration - SIP

Regards

Kev

Unhappy

Thanks KSComs fir your post.

I did notice that, when I went back into the Epygi.

Under the system events I keep getting the following.

IP phone user locext35 [IP ADDRESS:5060]: registration failed. Reason: Authorization failure.

Yet the phone will dial extensions and make outgoing calls with no problems just will not register and receive incoming calls.

It must be something simple in relation to a basic setting like a port or the like.

This is frustrating. maybe if someone out there has one of these phones working we can go over the settings to see what I am missing.

Hi,

If you can make call, your IP Line works well (betwenn C 470 and Quadro). I understood first that C470 can register on the quadro.
    I think the problem is in quadro configuration. In Quadro, do you see all sip registration status ok ? I think yes if u can make call but quadro can use ISDN or FXO to make the call. Look at sip registration status.

Thumbs up

I have sorted it all out.

Not sure exactly how but I will try and explain what I did.

After checking everything on the Epygi and the Siemen's for the hundredth time I went into the C470IP settings and deleted the Authorization name. I got a warning message that the handset will not work without the authorization name and that all would be put back to default. I tried to cancel this change by clicking on the "X" but it still made the changes. I then re entered the authorization name and selected set.

The phone then all of a sudden registered on the Epygi and all now works brilliantly.

(I have not tried transfer with the "R" key yet)

I believe that you MUST! make sure that the Authorization Name and User Name (account Name) are the same and this must line up with the Username in IP line settings on the Epygi.

The Display name must line up with the extensions management general settings under line settings on the Epygi. and so on. (this is all common sense stuff).

However if you can make calls and you keep getting the Authorization failure message under the event logs then try after the fact deleting in the C470IP settings the user name set it then re enter it. Then do the same with the Authorization name. Ignore the waring message just do it. Then if you really want to you can re enter the password. THESE MUST BE DONE and set individually for some weired reason. Don't know why but it worked and the phones work really well. Still have to check some functionality but calls in and out are great.

Thanks to all that helped and also I hope that this may help someone else that may encounter the same issues.

Thread Information