Thread: Blackberry MVS working with Quadro?

Default Blackberry MVS working with Quadro?

Hi:

I always thought that one day company employees will use only one phone for their office calls and their private call. And sure enough, the day is here. Fixed Mobile Convergence says it all. Office Phone, Smartphone, Unified. See: http://fixed-mobile-convergence.tmcnet.com/
    Check out the listed weblink.
    On that webpage, Blackberry MVS (Mobile Voice System) is mentioned. It looks like that a company needs to install a Blackberry MVS server besides an IP PBX to enable Blackberries to be an extension of the IP PBX. Is Epygi looking into this? This is hot. The IPhone has caught the attention of business people. If a Blackberry can be an extension of the Quadro, this will be a serious selling point.
    Think how much the companies will save. Much less IP Phones (that are at least 50% of an installation cost) are needed. Less wiring. Less maintenance. No more forewarding of calls needed. I can call park, transfer calls, or conference other extensions while on the road. I call dial from my email contacts. Etc.
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry for SNOM, Aastra, etc.

Toon

Hmmm re : No more forewarding of calls needed. I can call park, transfer calls, or conference other extensions while on the road. I call dial from my email contacts. Etc.

For remote users there is a hard coded call limit of 2 which means that parking a call when you are receiving another call is well not going to happen... because you need 3 x lines when there is only 2...

I think this is going to open up another request which will be -

Remote users - ability to control how many calls that user can have allocated.

**Cough** Wan Side Provisioning M32x **Cough**

Kev

Quadro Architect

Kevin, as far as I remember, the line appearance parameter is added on Remote Extension on Quadro starting from the last 5.1.x releases . It should be there in 5.1.32 and upper versions.

So your request is implemented - even a bit sooner than asked for

Best regards,
    David

P.S. Does this mean there is no other obstacle in the way of mobile convergence..?

Hmm ... thats interesting, I was told otherwise...
    May be I need to communicate with you more !!!

How many bottles of red will that take to open a direct link to Epygi Armenia

Kev

Quadro Architect

Not only red, Kevin, but also white, rose and even sometimes amber yellow with a bit of air bubbles

Thread Information