Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhange 2010 UM Voicemail

Default Exhange 2010 UM Voicemail

Hello,

I am trying to get my Quadro to use the voicemail of an exchange 2010 server. I have found the document for Quadro's and Exchange 2007 which i have used for pointers to getting the Quadro talking to the exchange server - which works.

What I would like to do now is use the VM of the Exchange server (for speach recognition, etc) as the voicemail server.

I have configured the use external voicemail for a test extension, and am using the sip uri of : ExchangeUMExt@ExchangeServer - this again connects me to the exchange server, but I only get the general greeting of 'Enter your extension number...' and it does not forward straight to voicemail.

I have been working for a few people and need ensure the below information is included in the SIP INVITE packet:

To: <SIP:[pilot identifier]@[exchange IP address]>
    Diversion: <tel:[callee's extension]>;reason=no-answer

Is this possible?

Has anybody connected the Quadro to Exchange 2010 as an external voicemail server?

Thanks for the help
    Graham

Quadro Architect

Hi Graham,

you mean Exchange 2010 vm will be activated (and let to leave vm), if it sees this kind of From, To and Diversion headers? Are you sure it absolutely needs the diversion header? And what is the "pilot identifier"?

I can confirm that Quadro doesn't send "Diversion" in case when you configure external voicemail using "Independent Mailbox" type. It sets the From and To the way you need, but not the Diversion. This "Independent Mailbox Type" is designed mostly to work with Epygi's external voicemail system, and the ones working similiar way. The other type (the "Proxy Controlled Mailbox Type") - is also not a way to go in this case.

But there are good new too . I tested and it looks like if you just configure simple "No Answer forward" from those extensions to the [pilot identifier]@[exchange IP address], all the requested headers will be in place (given that the original caller device SIP implementation works correctly). If the caller device is also the Quadro, you will get From, To, and Diversion headers set as you described above, and Exchange server VM should work ok.
    Please try that and tell me what you find. If it works, we would probably need to add one more External Iindependent Mailbox type to the GUI - to make easier to work with MS Exchange VM, so your feedback on this is important to Epygi.

Best regards,
    David

Default Exchange 2007 UM Voicemail

To add to the topic I have attempted what you suggested and get a busy signal on the call forward no answer to the SIP URI of 2013@10.74.19.21:5060. What do you think I am missing here? Just to add to the info I can put that uri in the external voicemail field and the call will go thru but as the previous poster mentioned Exchange does not know who I am and just asks to enter an extension.

Hi Peter,

Did you ever resolve your issue. May you please share. Getting exactly the same symptoms.

thanks Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    But there are good new too . I tested and it looks like if you just configure simple "No Answer forward" from those extensions to the [pilot identifier]@[exchange IP address], all the requested headers will be in place (given that the original caller device SIP implementation works correctly). If the caller device is also the Quadro, you will get From, To, and Diversion headers set as you described above, and Exchange server VM should work ok.
    Please try that and tell me what you find. If it works, we would probably need to add one more External Iindependent Mailbox type to the GUI - to make easier to work with MS Exchange VM, so your feedback on this is important to Epygi.

Best regards,
    David
    Hi David,
    can we use only UDP with "No answer forward"? If yes, Exchange can't answer because it will use only TCP for SIP signaling. We are using Call Routing to reach Exchange UM, but we can reach default Attendant or single Voicemail management by modifying caller ID.
    Web articles always talk about Diversion, so it seems it's required to use Exchange as voicemail server.

Regards,
    PG Baggio - Lunacom.

Quadro Architect

I didn't look into this thread for quite a time, and seems I missed some recent posts...

Thanks for the reminder - indeed as Exchange uses only TCP as transport for SIP messages, the calls will fail when being "no answer forwarded" using SIP "call type" (as by default all SIP calls are done using UDP by the Quadro).

To force the Quadro to use TCP when forwarding the call, you have to do the following:

Step 1. Add a special Call Routing rule to call to VM numbers on Exchange. The "Destination Type" of that rule should be set to "SIP" on the first page of Call Routing Wizard. On the second page of that wizard you will see the "Transport Protocol for SIP messages" selection. By default the "UDP" is selected. You need to change it to "TCP".
    All calls done through that rule will use TCP as transport protocol for SIP.

Step 2. When configuring the "No answer forwarding", use "Call Type"="Auto", and set the "Forward To" filed the way that it passes through the call routing rule you added in the step 1.

For example, if your mailboxes are four-digit, then the routing rule could be as follows:

Destination Number Pattern = exchangebox???? (you can use letters in call routing patterns, so lets make it descriptive)
    Number of Discarded Symbols = 11 (11 is the length of the prefix we used - "exchangebox")
    Destination Type = SIP
    Destination Host = <your exchange server IP address>
    Destination Port = <your exchange server SIP port>
    Transport Protocol for SIP messages = TCP

For the step 2, if you need calls to be redirected to box 2222 on exchange, you should just "no answer forward" the calls to
    Call Type = Auto
    Forward To = exchangebox2222

This should work in case if no authorisation needed. If it doesn't, I would need the SIP logs to look into.

Piergiorgio (I guess this is your name, right? ), if you already have the call routing rule to contact exchange UM, you could directly use that when forwarding (using type "Auto"), so you may not need step 1.

Best regards,
    David

Hi David,

I already tried this way, same behaviour.
    I reach only Exchange default Attendant.
    Diversion field in Exchange logs is blank.
    I can send you the logs, if you want.

Regards,
    PierGiorgio (PG for hasty people) - Lunacom.

Quadro Architect

Hi PG
    Well, I'll need to test it here with the latest firmware...
    Meanwhile it would be nice if you send me the SIP and Call Controlling logs from Quadro for such forwarded call (you can paste them here or send to my mail address - I know you have it ). You can get those logs in Diagnostics->Show system logs page, or from the downloaded "tar.gz" file...

BR,
    David

Hi David,

Eagerly awaiting your solution.

Nick.

Quadro Architect

We are working with Piergiorgio to find a solution to this. But for now I can tell you only that the current versions most probably are not able to support Exchange as external voicemail server regardless of configuration. We are looking to find which changes need to be done to Quadro software to support this.

Thread Information