Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIP/GSM Gateway

Default SIP/GSM Gateway

I am proposing a quadro 2x for a small office install - they make many calls from the office to a couple of remote workers and I would like to consider a sip/gsm gateway to reduce these call costs. Has anyone tested any with the quadro - they would not need to make more than one simultaneous call.

Something like the Portech MV-370....

I would like to setup a few specific call routing rules so that if for example
    01234567 is dialled it roues directly to the gsm g/w on out over the gsm sim card.

Thanks

ok - just seen the post relating to the 2n product - anyone testes the Portech ?

Multitech also have a Sip to GSM Gateway... Its not bad if you can get over the frustration with the configuration program.

Once it is programmed and it doesnt really take much to do it.. it worls rather good... and can be used as a Trunk on any IP System.

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Right yesterday a new document was published in the Epygi support portal, describing how to configure Quadro with TOPEX MobiLink GSM gateways: http://support.epygi.com/index.php?_...oaditemid=1167. So now we have one more recommended GSM gateway brand/model..

Best regards,
    David

Thanks for the input - I have decided to chance it and test a portech - they are less than 200 euros and the only limitation I understand with the unit is that they don't like 3g/hspda enabled sim cards.
    I'll let you know if I need to order an alternative !

Don't buy the Portech MV-370, the call quality is absolute crap.
    The power-supply failed after 1 year and my MV-372, (dual channel version of the MV-370), failed in 1 channel.

Search Nicherons online eBay store for Quad Band Quad GSM 4x Gateway:
    http://www.ebay.com

It is a rebadged GoIP 4 device, however the best documentation I've found is at the nicherons website.

Daryl, Thanks for the advice - I knew there must be a catch !!

Kevin - Is this the part code of the multitech MVPGSM-2 ? - I used to configure multitech modems 25 years ago ! - they still look the same !

David/Kevin - Can you give me your opinions on the quality of the Topex unit ? and how it may compare to the multitech?

A major problem with VoIP generally is echo. Echo is most noticeable when there is delay.

The idea if you can reduce delay, even if there is echo, it may not be objectionable, if the delay is small.

So, at every stage, look at reducing delay. This means using g711 CODEC.

g729 introduces too much delay and the voice quality is just that little better using g711 which important for business where you may need to quote letters and numbers for orders etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ritsadmin View Post
    Daryl, Thanks for the advice - I knew there must be a catch !!

Kevin - Is this the part code of the multitech MVPGSM-2 ? - I used to configure multitech modems 25 years ago ! - they still look the same !

David/Kevin - Can you give me your opinions on the quality of the Topex unit ? and how it may compare to the multitech?

Yes sir .. hit it in one ... the MVPGSM-2 is the one I was hinting to... it is good and works well... just a crappy gui that doesnt work with the latest browsers / java .. and a console program that is designed for pre windows vista / Win 7 etc... apart from that it works a treat...

Kev

Default Nicheron

There seems to be a nicheron product
    Quad Band 1x GSM SIM Gateway: GSM <-> voip SIP account

`http://cgi.ebay.com/Quad-Band-1x-GSM...QQcmdZViewItem

Is the product you are suggesting daryl ?

Thread Information