View Poll Results: What do you think about the idea outlined below?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thats a great idea, I will most probably use such service

3 27.27%
  • Good idea, many people will use that, but I personally will keep using using my preferred ITSP

3 27.27%
  • Free minutes may help during the installation, but most probably I will not use that service later

5 45.45%
  • I don't think this will be useful to anybody

0 0%

Thread: Epygi ITSP account preprogrammed on Quadro

Quadro Architect

Question Epygi ITSP account preprogrammed on Quadro

Hello folks,

I want to ask one question here (I typically used to answer questions, but this time I will ask ). I need to find out whether the idea is good and does it worth to work on it...

Do you think it will be useful if Quadro comes with an ITSP accound preprogrammed? Lets say we can program some good quality ITSP (probably operated by Epygi, but not necessarily so), using some prefix like "7" - the same way as we have "8" now for sip.epygi.com calls.

Each Quadro owner will get some small amount of points he can use with that ITSP, so as soon as you get the Quadro, you can make outgoing call to PSTN phone! As soon as those free points are spent, you can go to web interface and buy more minutes if you want. If you don't want that, just remove that rule and forget about that. The rates will be fair (probably not the lowest, but not the highest definitely), and the web-interface is going to be easy and user-friendly. The quality is guaranteed.

I could see several benefits, except of giving the ability to instantly call to PSTN: this service could save some new users (which are new to SIP world too) the trouble of finding good ITSP. Also it will ensure full rock-solid 100% compatibility, as both sides (Quadro and ITSP) will be operated by Epygi. There may be another benefits too... you are free to suggest

I'll try to keep this short, so you can read this post to the end

So what do you think about that general idea? You can vote above or express any suggestions below

Best regards,
    David

Default Oh, yes

Hi David.

It is a very good idea, I think. Especially for international calls. Much depends on the price.

Best regards,

Pavel

Quadro Architect

I would like to thank every member of our epygi forum........ for sharing their views and thoughts........ and would be grateful to everyone for guiding me always..........

Quadro Architect

Thanks for the feedback, Pavel. And thanks for voting, Mike

But in general it seems this topic is not very interesting to the folks here at the forum, as there is just one vote up to now!! Looks like most people prefer more to ask questions, than to answer them when it is needed... I just need to evaluate the idea, to understand whether it worths to work on that, and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Maybe the problem is that the poll is public, but believe me nobody is obligated to do anything when voting here, I just need your opinion, thats it!

Thanks for everybody who shares opnion. Any feedback/vote is welcome!

I think some of your customers are ITSP and so would be competing with you.

I can't see a use for this personally, however I've only setup a few PBX's. When a customer orders a PBX from you I'm sure they know they need SIP trunks or something ahead of time. You would have a very small customer base on this service I think.

Would be hard to recoup development costs in the short term.

Thumbs up

Whether the vote actually sways you one way or another, I would have to say that this would be a great plus. I will explain why:

Being new to the Quadro line of products and having tried SEVERAL ITSP providers with the Quadro before finally finding oh-so reliable Sotel IP services, it was VERY frustrating. It was hard to distinguish if our initial call troubles were SIP-related or Quadro-config related. Honestly, yes there were a couple minor Quadro-config errors but there were far more SIP-service timeouts, rejects, etc. Simply because the SIP service companies we had tried initially just didn't offer a great level of dependancy. Maybe they over-subscribed their servers -- who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    I could see several benefits, except of giving the ability to instantly call to PSTN: this service could save some new users (which are new to SIP world too) the trouble of finding good ITSP. Also it will ensure full rock-solid 100% compatibility, as both sides (Quadro and ITSP) will be operated by Epygi. There may be another benefits too... you are free to suggest
    The bottom line is if our Quadro had initially come with an ITSP account pre-configured, it would have helped tremendously in our efforts to eliminate config issues from SIP service issues. We would have had a working example to always fall back on. And for those that do not like the shopping process--not just looking for best prices--I am talking about those that do not want to battle for refunds from SIP companies that cannot produce, you would stand to gain them as paid ITSP clients.

I love the Quadro line and I think you should seriously consider this added benefit.

Thanks for the great products!!!!

Interesting idea, could be really helpful to some as it would assist early stage all round success.

Usefulness may be affected by country your end users are in, e.g. if the company is in the USA then exchange rates would affect costs of services for overseas customers, pricing in local currency helps costs be predictable.

I can see why you would consider the idea, I'd trust Epygi to find an ITSP who delivered and was reasonably priced, though of course it could cost Epygi and add to the price of Epygi's product. I found it very challenging to choose an ITSP with no industry knowledge, and no easy way to find it - quality of VoIP is not well discussed in consumer advocacy group magazines. In my experience, only one ITSP here in Australia was upfront about actively supporting Epygi products, others said they were "too hard" to support. That ITSP was not the cheapest - was reasonably priced - but packages did not work for my situation.

I'll be interested to see what you decide! It's fascinating to watch the mushrooming advancement of Epygi products.

I think the idea it self is great, but may not be of much use to users outside the USA? However it will probably provide a solid template to install from when setting up one's own ITSP accounts with local service providers

Thread Information