Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Find Me Follow Me / 2 Issues

Hi Davrays .... its funny you mention this. I came in this morning, and I have an email from the client that the FMFM service was not functioning today. It was working without fail yesterday. In the current combination, the FMFM and UCF combination is not functional / consistent anymore.

I'm unfortunately at a road block, and back to square one ... why the FMFM module cannot dial an outside target number using the SIP line.

Anything else that you might be able to think of? I would be glad to employ your services if needed and furnish you access to the system if required. If so, you can PM me privately and we can make arrangements.

Thanks,

Quadro Architect

Well, lets try to resolve this in this thread, before employing my services..

Here we again come to the question Zarf! asked: what is the "4166286172"?
    Is it
    1) the number of the phone you called from;
    or
    2) the number of your Vonage account?

If you look in your Call Routing Table, you should see a rule which is used to call to Vonage. This rule should have UES ("Use Extension settings") selected with some extension name. Lets say it is extension XXXX. Please find the extension XXXX in the User Management table, and tell me what SIP username you have on that extension. Is it 4166286172 or something different?

Also please tell me if you have "Keep original Caller ID" selected near the UES setting of the Vonage routing rule.

Best regards,
    David

the 4166286172 is the phone number from which I called from. It happens to be a vonage line as well. I have tried from regular land lines, but the same result happens. I can post a log with land lines if you wish.

The extension that the VoIP wizard setup is 999. In the CRT, the UES is 999. In the User Management table, the SIP user name in SIP Settings is 14166281515. Keep Orinial Caller ID is unchecked.

If it is of any help, the following is the SIP line setup in the CRT for the Vonage line. Anything not explicitly indicated means the entry / option is blank or unchecked.

Routing Call Type:
    ----------------------
    Dest Num Pattern: 8?*
    NDS: 1
    Dest Type: SIP

Routing Call Settings
    -----------------------

Use Extension Settings: 999
    Destination Host: sphone.vopr.vonage.net
    Destination Port: 5061
    Username: 14166281515
    Password: [voip password]
    Failover Reason: None
    SIP Privacy: Default Privacy
    Transport for SIP messages: UDP

Hi savadmin ... I have not tried the FMFM to another extension, but will try and report back. For us, the FMFM service always worked. We have 4 PSTN lines, and so the FMFM service would pickup a PSTN line to call the target. The issue is that when using the PSTN to dial out the other external numbers, the volume is terrible ... many times we can't hear the other person and vice verse.

THe bigger issue is that we cannot get FMFM to use a VoIP line to dial the second target number ...

I am just about to test the system by using no PSTN lines at all ... going strictly VoIP in and VoIP out. I'm hoping this will have a large impact on volume levels.

Thanks,

Just an update ... using inbound VoIP with FMFM configured to use VoIP outbound yields the same result in that the call does not execute. The Unsuccessfull Call Log shows "Authorization", and the CM log shows the errors previously posted:

11:22:14 Got 407 response, try to authenticate message # OID: 413 # SID: 31960286168935588
    11:22:14 UA --> CM # ReportError # Error: Authorization # Sip error: 0 # SID: 31960286168935588
    11:22:14 UA --> CM # ReportError # Error: Authorization # Sip error: 407 # SID: 31960286168935588

Quadro Architect

Thinking more (and actually after doing some experiments here and finding a bug in FMFM service) i can tell the following:

the workaround with the FMFM to UCF -> ITSP indeed should work . Did you personally check after getting the call from the customer, whether this is really working, or not..? I mean customers typically have habit to give misleading information... according to my experience

Except this I see no other workaround. If you ckeched and found it not working by some reason (probably in that case there is something you missed in the configuration), then I would suggest you to contact to Epygi tech support with the problem description (tell them to ask David if they need more info on this case). We would probably be able to provide you a firmware with the bug fixed (the one I found trying to reproduce your problem). We'll need you to test that, and maybe (I am not sure, but there is a good chance) this would help in this case.

Best regards,
    David

Thanks Dave ... I will report back shortly. Are you able to shed any light with regards to the FMFM bug found?

I have setup the FMFM again by using the UCF workaround, and it worked only the first time. The second time, it went directly to the Extension's voicemail.

We tried programming this workaround to a different extension, and it worked once, and then straigth to voicemail on all subsequent tests.

The Call Hunting feature also has similar behaviour, in that it now goes directly into the extension's voicemail box. It does not ring the second extension (which is programmed with UCF to hit an external number).

It seems the mechanism is spotty.

Any additional Input?

As per your suggestion, I am going to open a ticket with Epygi support.

Thanks,

Quadro Architect

Yep, please open a ticket, as this doesn't seem something we can resolve at odd moments and without full logs and possible some monitoring...

Thread Information