Thread: Extension Dialing form AA Problem.

Default Extension Dialing form AA Problem.

We have a customer who is experiencing an odd issue. Every once in a while, when someone tries to dial his ext. form the AA ( Ext. 55) Epygi tries to dial out instead of transferring the call to the ext. (Example below from call statistics)

07-Jan-2010 09:12:15 "Unavailable" <+19175761177@**.**.**.***:****> 15@sv1.gopearl.net:5060 "Request Rejected"

Sometimes it dials 15@sv1.gopearl.net sometimes its 1@sv1.gopearl.net

any idea what could be causing this? There are no conflicting rules in the routing table ( There is no ext 15 ) Nothing we can see that is obvious, and it doesn't do it every time. I can call in form my cell phone and it puts me straight thru to his ext, but another caller calls in and can't get thru. I have a trouble ticket open with Epygi, but this is reaching critical mass with the customer as they are accountants and we are coming up on tax season.

Quadro Architect

It looks like your AA is not detecting all the dialed digits correctly (prabably misses the "5" sometimes). How customers are calling to that AA - via PSTN or via SIP?

Via Sip trunks. We added rules to direct the calls if they detected only the second number of the extensions and that seems to have helped th problem, but still need to find out why it isn't detecting the first digit.

Quadro Architect

Actually it doesn't detect te second digit sometimes. If those are SIP calls, then the problem should be in the codecs used for the call. Can you look which codec those calls are using - the PCMU/PCMA, or other codec, and whether the "Out of band DTMF transport" is enabled on that AA?

Thread Information