Thread: peer with asterisk

Default peer with asterisk

Sorry for asking this but can someone jog my memory.

I want to setup a peer with our main asterisk server so both offices can dial each other internal extensions. Did have this setup a year or so ago when I last used the 2X

What do you use to setup the peer account on the 2X unit ?

VOIP carrier .. tried that BUT it then asks what extension to send incoming calls to , I dont want to direct calls to an extensions but want to let users dial the extension number.

It is not the SIP tunnel as I gather that is revered for Quadro to Quadro

extension@ipaddressofthequadro

ie

120@212.32.203.5

If that was an extension and valid ip

In asterisk you would use

exten => _1XX,1,DIAL(SIP/${EXTEN@212.32.203.5},20,t)
    exten => _1XX,2,Busy
    exten => _1XX,104,Hangup

In Quadro you would put an allow of the asterisk IP address for SIP communication, this then would allow you to send SIP calls via the call routing to match your extensions.

But to dial the Asterisk extensions, you would set up a call route to the Asterisk system via a rule that would be ( if your asterisk boxes extensions were 200 to 299 ) 2?? NDS=0, Type of SIP, then fill in the details after that ... ie destination port and Host ( IP )

When someone dials 120 from asterisk the call is passed to the Quadro, when someone on the Quadro dials 222 it goes to the Asterisk system
    Is that understandable ?

Kevin

not really.

We use Switchvox a commercial ver of asterisk. You normally have to set up a PEER connection first so that the connections are authorised ie. with peer ID's and user / pass etc.

"In Quadro you would put an allow of the asterisk IP address for SIP communication" ??

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    not really.

We use Switchvox a commercial ver of asterisk. You normally have to set up a PEER connection first so that the connections are authorised ie. with peer ID's and user / pass etc.

"In Quadro you would put an allow of the asterisk IP address for SIP communication" ??

In Asterisk you do exactly what I have mentioned...
    In Switchvox, that is Digiums Appliance which is Asterisk 1.4.2x under the hood but an ajax gui over the top..and thats another kettle of fish... one you did not mention before I posted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The easiest method of getting this to work is to have an extension being registered on the others PBX as a VoIP Trunk. This works correctly and provides the capability of being able to direct dial the extensions of the other PBX.
    Last edited by KSComs; 01-06-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Ok I think I have it now .. but where do you do this: "In Quadro you would put an allow of the asterisk IP address for SIP communication" what menu ?

Thread Information