Thread: trying to connect . please wait (too long to connect)

Default trying to connect . please wait (too long to connect)

hello

i have this problem:
    when i have the first sip line than don't run correctly, the epygi tell "trying to connect please wait" and the epygi find a next line after 10 s ?
    what the epygi don't speed up for take next line available?

thank you for your help

Quadro Architect

Well, your English is not much better than mine, so I am not sure I fully understand what you need... , but here is a hint which may be useful for you:

in the Call Routing Table, on the rules having "SIP or "IP-PSTN" call type, there is an option called "Enable Activity Timeout" (it is on the second page of the Call Routing Wizard). This option may be what you are looking for. It allows to failover to next rule if the connection cannot be established longer than the period specified in "Activity Timeout" box.

Cool

I have experienced this same message when trying to place outgoing calls. I am not sure what is causing this. Some times the "Trying to connect, please wait..." message is played over and over until the call is disconnected and other times it plays only a few times and the call finally goes through.

Any ideas on what may be happening? I did have the call routes configured with "None" for the failover setting and have since changed them to "Any" since reading this thread.

I have the SIP logs for the latest instance in which I heard the message three times before the call finally went out.

All input is greatly welcomed. Thanks....

*** ADDED ***
    Would we receive this message from the Quadro if the SIP provider was not responding to our IP PBX in a timely manner or if the SIP line had trouble, or is this message only due to the Quadro itself having trouble?
    *** ADDED ***
    Last edited by BreeSoft; 03-23-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BreeSoft View Post
    I have experienced this same message when trying to place outgoing calls. I am not sure what is causing this. Some times the "Trying to connect, please wait..." message is played over and over until the call is disconnected and other times it plays only a few times and the call finally goes through.

Any ideas on what may be happening? I did have the call routes configured with "None" for the failover setting and have since changed them to "Any" since reading this thread.

I have the SIP logs for the latest instance in which I heard the message three times before the call finally went out.

All input is greatly welcomed. Thanks....

*** ADDED ***
    Would we receive this message from the Quadro if the SIP provider was not responding to our IP PBX in a timely manner or if the SIP line had trouble, or is this message only due to the Quadro itself having trouble?
    *** ADDED ***
    Matey.. If you are using an ITSP and are revceiving the notification it means the Quadro is struggling to get a response from your ITSP.

It might mean the interconnecting trunks are down or a time out has elapsed to signify the call can not progress. ( sometimes Non SIP aware firewalls will do this too )

Regards

Kev

Smile

Hi Kev,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your insight. I have been thinking it is a problem with the ITSP service as I can use another ITSP SIP account configured in the Quadro and it does not suffer the same timeouts. When I receive the timout with the one SIP account, I immediately disconnect and try with the other SIP account and it works fine.

I sent the trouble ITSP a SIP log of one recent instance where the "Trying to connect...." message played 3 or four times before finally going out and they informed me that neither a 180 RINGING or 183 SESSION PROGRESS message was ever received from their outbound carrier before the call began ringing. They could see the call but could not see the 180 or 183 messages. Weird. They want me to send them dates and times and numbers of when it happens again so they can try to figure out what is happening.

Anyway, thanks again. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to help others.

Thread Information