Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote extension one way audio

sorry I have the same issue, one way audio for remote extension,
    I have public IP connected to the wan interface of Epygi, which is connected directly to the internet
    and I use it to regiter the remote extension.
    but still I cant hear the other party calling me
    even when I press the remote extension, it gives me message , the no. is temporary unavailable

please can u check that for me.

waiting for your swift reply

Hi
    I think your problem is a little different to mine I have the same setup as you direct ip to the Quadro, but my remote extensions all work ok, what is not working is calling from the standard 16 old Bt type phones to the Ip phones, or to ip phone to the 16 Bt phones, I get one way audio, I did have the same problem as you once and it was the " enable RTP proxy" not being ticked in the remote extension setup, have you done this
    Derek

Thanks for your reply
    Actually I have checked the "enableRTP proxy" from before

and it is not working, it is the same thing checking and unchecking "enable RTP proxy"

so what do you think guyes is the problem

Quadro Architect

@derekkmark :
    Derek, if I understand right, you have one-way audio when calling from analog phones connected to FXS port of the Quadro, to the IP phones of the same PBX. Is that correct?
    Do you have IP phones connected by VPN, or they are just connected to the LAN of the Quadro? What is the network topology/architecture (how the phone are comnected)?

@BitsArabia:
    I think you would need first to correctly describe your problem in a separate thread. You may think yor problem is the same as the problem other's have, but actually in many cases that is not true. One-way audio is common problem, which could happen in different cases by different reasons. The most of the reasons are related to NAT and/or incorrect network setup.

Hi
    the quadro/s have been all fully working for a few years now with no problems and I updated the 16x to 5.1.30 and yes the analog bt phones will not work (one way audio) when calling or being called from any Ip phone the sytem I have is multi Ip's and the quadro has its own ip and the ip phones are on various other ip's each one with its own modem and then I have another remote site with a further quadro and again multi ip's and more ip phones again on different ip's with router on each ip, the second site, a 4x is on 5.1.18 and all is working fine, I am not using the lan side of the quadro and all ip phones are remote, as I have said they are spread across 7 ip's, this has not caused any problems untill the upgrade.
    Many Thanks for your help Derek

Quadro Architect

Thats interesting. I am not aware of any known problem in 5.1.30 causeing one way voice. If it existes, we need to find that together..

You didn' answer my question about VPN. Do use use VPN to connect those sites, and does it run on Quadro?
    If you have oneway audio when calling to analog phones, you should have the same problem when calling to autoattendant (00), or calling system code (for example *0) from those IP phones. Could you check that?

In any case this doesn't seem to be something wwe can diagnose without logs. Do you have access to Epygi TSS?

Hi
    no vpn's just direct ip connections to each location, I have extensions for both quadro systems at both locations, I am not quite sure what you mean by calling 00, the *0 all works, ie mailbox but the problem is not the ip phones they all work ok, forgot to say dialing out to bt numbers from the phones via a sip account all work fine its just the ip phones to any of the 16 standard phones, and the phones back to ip that is a problem I would be happy to send you a private message to log in if you wish
    Derek
    Last edited by derekkmark; 11-25-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Update
    Just updated to 5.1.31 and still the same, so downgraded to 5.1.18 and still the same, but was working all ok on the previous version.5.1.?
    Derek

Quadro Architect

Connecting to the unit may not help. I need someone calling at the moment I connect. So it would be better if you just enable developre logging, run network capture (netcapture.cgi), make such a one-way audio call, stop the capture, download both capture and logs, then send them to me. Post me a PM when/if you have done that, so I can give you my mail address to send that data.

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information