Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Support for Linksys SPA-941 IP-Phones

I NEED QUICKLY SUPPORT FOR THE HANDSET LINKSYS SPA-942, PLEASE. WE HAVE SEVERAL LINKSYS 942 HANSETS TO PLUGG WITH THE QUADRO 2Xi. IS VERY IMPORTANT JUST BECAUSE OUR CUSTOMER TO TURN DOWN THE CONTRACT WITH QUADRO 2Xi.THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by wsonnen
    I should have an update on the Linksys engagement soon. I will post the details once I finish discussion with Linksys.

Could you send me the manual configuration?

Manual configuration requires you to go to the Quadro and choose the Other option and put in a user/pass. Then you go to the SPA94x admin gui of the phone to enter ext 1 and/or ext 2 depending on which model you have, to enter the corresponding user/pass. I have not gotten the transfer button to work either. Has anyone gotten on the phone with Linksys to see if there are other configs to make this work? Or does this require Epygi to release a new firmware to support SPA94x?

For support of auto-configuration, for sure the new release should be done by Epygi. For the transfer issue - depends on what is causing the problem.

transfer issue isconfigured by enabling blind xfer in the SPA94x gui.

Any updates on the inclusion of the Linksys phones in the new firmware.

The ability to have all the program keys on the Linksys phones work straight out of the box so to speak will make life much easier.

They are such a nice phone and would compliment the epygi system nicely.Edited by: paulfam99

Just wanted to add my vote for support linksys spa9xx phones. We have the spa962

These phones are actually quite easy to make work. you just setup them up in the Quadro as Sipura841 and enter the MAC address as normal.

Then you then need to go to the Provisioning tab on the phone and set the Profile Rule to /spa841.cfg and then reboot the phone, that is it. The phone will then be auto-provisioned from the Quadro. This will work for any linksys model.

Thanks for the provided workaround. Hopefully this will not harm the phones autoprovisioned by Quadro. I doubt that certine fetaures will not work on the phone with spa841 config loaded, as there are some differences between these model for sure. This is not tested in Epygi lab, so we can't guarantee anything.

Quadro Architect

Update/anounce: starting from the upcoming (most probably next week) 5.0.16 release the Linksys SPA941, SPA942, SPA921, SPA922 models are in the "Tested IP Phones" list. That means the autoconfiguration of those phones is supported.

Best regards,
    DVR

Thread Information