Thread: Problems getting simple VXML Working

Default Problems getting simple VXML Working

Hi all,

Very new to Epygi so bear with me. I've configured extension 82 as a custom AA. Just as a proof of concept I've used the demo script provided by Epygi as below. I've created 2 wav files in the correct format and uploaded them. When I dial 82 from an extension all I get is silence and pressing any of the numbers doesn't go anywhere, eventually it call times out.

The WAV files I've used are attached.

Anyone who could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
    using a Quadro 2X Firmware Version: 5.1.27/Release.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
    <vxml version="2.0">
    	<noinput count="1">
    		<assign name="field1" expr="'90'" /> 
      		<goto nextitem="field2" /> 
      	</noinput>
    	<form id="mainform">
    		<block>
    			<prompt bargein="true">
    				<audio src="demowelcome.wav" /> 
    			</prompt>
    			<goto nextitem="field1" /> 
      		</block>
    		<field name="field1" type="digits?length=1" modal="false">
    			<prompt timeout="8s">
    				<audio src="johnjanejack.wav" /> 
      			</prompt>
    			<option dtmf="1" value="90" /> 
    			<option dtmf="2" value="92" /> 
    			<option dtmf="3" value="91" /> 
    			<option dtmf="4" value="13" /> 
    			<filled>
    				<goto nextitem="field2" /> 
      			</filled>
      		</field>
    		<object name="field2" classid="connect">
    			<param name="extension" expr="field1" /> 
    			<filled>
    				<prompt>
    					<audio src="timeover.wav" /> 
    				</prompt>
    				<exit /> 
    			</filled>
    			<nomatch>
    				<goto nextitem="field1" /> 
    			</nomatch>
    		</object>
    	</form>
    </vxml>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NevisComputers; 10-02-2009 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Further information.

Quadro Architect

Well, after some experimeents, it seems your WAV files have something wrong in them. I don't know waht exactly though. Which program did you use to create them?

If you open them in Sound Recorder, and "save as" in PCMA, format they will play. If you save them again in PCMU, they will play again... So the original file contains something which confuses the Quadro's WAV player engine. When you save the file in Sound Recorder, this "something" is eeliminated, and files start to play ok.

If I have more time, maybe I'll try to find out what exactly confuses the Quadro in those files...

Best regards,
    David

Cheers for the reply. Trying to use Audacity. I'll give it a go with Sound Recorder.

Well I don't know it its because I'm using Vista but my Sound Recorder doesn't give me any options to change the format. Has anyone got a tried and tested method under Vista to get these in a format that Epgyi can play as I'm really struggling here!

Quadro Architect

Again Vista... I personally have no Vista to try, and truly saying I don't want even to look at Vista...

Isn't it possible to find a normal PC with good old Windows XP? This could solve your problem once and for all...

For this particular case I can help you, but if you need to record new files, you will need to find XP (or get an advice about Vista, which I cannot give you).
    Here are your files converted:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah thanks ok I/You have worked out what the problem is.

Windows Vista (and Windows 7) ship with a extremely basic version of the Sound Recorder. It doesn't give you any options at all to amend the file format.

We copied sndrec32.exe from a XP machine and used that and bingo problem solved.

However this is increasingly going to be a no option for people and getting a workable solution in Audacity would be really useful for alot of people. I don't know what Audacity is doing to break the WAV, is it possible for someone at Epgyi to comment so we can take it up with the Audacity people.

Thanks for the replies.

Quadro Architect

Well, we found the problem which prevents the WAV files created by Audacity from being played on Quadro: Quadro supports the extended WAVEX format (which native Windows applications use), while the Audacity save the files in basic WAV format.

And I have good news on this: Quadro will support the WAV files saved by Audicity in the newer versions (5.1.x, x>=35 or x>=40, not sure yet).

Best regards,
    David

Default Audacity

Audacity has WAVEX as an option with both A-Law and U-Law encoding as options, but neither work.

I look forward to seeing Audacity WAV or WAVEX support in a future release!

--
    Marc

Quadro Architect

Well, not sure how the Audacity saved its WAVEX format... I would suspect it is not completely corresponding to standard... Or maybe there is another incompatibility problem. In any case, I hope with pure WAV support added Quadro will play those files too. An update: the versions with that change will be the 5.2 versions (coming early next year).

Best regards,
    David

Hi there, an easy way to test it is to record your custom message from the default AA (*75) and download it from the GUI (in the extension management of the AA) "download welcome message" save it on your disk an upload it into the custom scenario...Then your sure to be in the right format...
    A simple message in a voice mail do the job also ...record your message into an extension and take it from the extension management--extension setting---voice mail :-)
    Probably not the best quality but this will allow you to test your script

hope this help,

Hans T

Thread Information